ginsanko tanakas on ebay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panda, I just made the inquiry. I asked many questions, including what was possible with blade lengths, if there were possible thickness variations, possible profile variations, etc etc. I'll keep you posted.

255mm? that's 15mm difference - like 5/8" :whistling:

cool, i just ordered their damascus blue #2 knives to try as my owning first ever carbons. 105 petty and 210 gyuto. wanted the 240 but out of stock, thought about 270 but i already have the ginsan in that length so figure i try a diff size and since i dont have any 210s might as well. chose the 105 to see if i would enjoy a wa handled paring knife. currently all i use is a 3 1/2" mac pro for in hand tasks.

I've filled 3 ultimate edge bags already *** this addiction is ridiculous

just ordered 150 petty in ginsanko. my current petty is takayuki in aeb-l http://www.chuboknives.com/products/sakai-takayuki-45-layer-damascus-wa-petty-150mm-5-9#.UatRB0hCRhE it's a very good knife (especially like the handle it comes with) so didnt even need another. $50 on ebay, couldn't pass that up, damn impulse buys! haha. though i asked for octagon handle which is a $25 upcharge, hope they pick up on that and send me an invoice for the add on charge. the blue #2 version is also available but i think the grind on those are just too thin for me (i beat the hell out of petty and parers, so definitely lasers are not ideal). besides, tanaka ginsanko is amazing!

i asked for octagon handle which is a $25 upcharge, hope they pick up on that and send me an invoice for the add on charge.

Does he charge $25 for a rehandle on the petty? When I bought my 210 gyuto he put an octagonal handle on it for $5 extra.

Really? I just purchased the 240mm Ginsanko Gyuto and he did it for free. I also purchased a couple stones while i was at it, so maybe that was it

Ha ha...metal master is like a street merchant,you gotta barter with him. I told him I would buy a 270mm wa handle gyuto but only if he switched the d handle for an octagon for free and he agreed.

i've only dealt with 330mate, but metalmaster sounds like a guy i would like to deal with since you can haggle with the guy. haggling is fun for me.

both ebay stores have free shipping listed on their knives presently. though the 270 is out of stock at both stores , you can get the 240 g3 for 130 or blue steel 240mm for only $150 free shipping with both.

I am not sure if you can "haggle" with him, it is worth a try. I asked for a octagon handle as it was not listed on his website and he agreed and did not charge anymore. He has been good for me to deal with, he has returned my emails, despite his reputation not to(I ask very basic english questions as I am not sure the extent of his english language, and has worked). I haven't received the shipment yet so it is just a preliminary observation thus far. Good luck

as promised, custom rehandle pics:
pakkawood ferrule, rosewood handle. i love this handle, very very grippy and a nice medium size.
tanakag3_zps9228e52e.jpg

tanakag32_zpscf7005d0.jpg

the cutting board is all nasty from blowing through a full bag of carrots with ease.

Latest posts

Back