D. Martell Hiromoto AS Re-Handle Group Buy is ON!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave, you need some wood? :evilgrin: I haven't gotten to making them look pretty, yet, but all the larger ones on this pic are coming over to you this week. That incluses a bit of spalted signature, redwood burl, spalted koa, black ash burl, spalted curly mango, and a bit of buckeye burl (but that has some voids and not too much colo variation). Oh, and probably two pieces of that raindroppy Honduran rosewood. Basically, all the larger pieces in this picture

attachment.php

Stefan

That suji should be all any of you fence-sitters out there need to be convinced into getting in this group buy.

Does anybody know hoe these compare to the Hiromoto HC? I haven't seen them in awhile, do they still make them? I am completely in love with mine.

Does anybody know hoe these compare to the Hiromoto HC? I haven't seen them in awhile, do they still make them? I am completely in love with mine.

How they compare? in what way? I have and use both regularly. Send a PM if you like :)

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :hungry3:

We're getting close but still need just a few more orders to hit the minimum. We're so close! :)

Dave, my orders in! :).

Hope we can get the minimum!

Also as a side: let me know what number Martell I am. :)

How they compare? in what way? I have and use both regularly. Send a PM if you like :)

Nothing to technical. I just wanted to know if these are as much a joy as the HC. Easy to sharpen and edge retention? I'm have been looking for a Hiro Hc suji and petty to go with my 240 and I really kick myself for not getting them together. Now I can't seem to find the Hiromoto Hc line.

I believe the HC line is long gone. I scored a 270mm gyuto (from Stefan) and it's one of my favorites.

If I didn't know you appreciate it, I would regret selling it.... But a 270 Watanabe is not a bad replacement.

Stefan

OK folks let's set a deadline on this. We either get enough or we don't but either way we have to pick a date and move forward.

I'll close down taking orders at midnight Sunday 8/21

OK folks let's set a deadline on this. We either get enough or we don't but either way we have to pick a date and move forward.

So if we don't get enough buyers are you going to cancel the whole thing?

So if we don't get enough buyers are you going to cancel the whole thing?

If I can cover the needed extras to make it happen I'll buy them myself but right now we're a few away from me being able to do that. I'm just a poor knife sharpener. :)

I really want too, but I have a huge order with Randy and I won't be buying much for awhile. Sorry guys.:sad0:

Come on yall just a few more!! If you are on the fence just dive in!! If it doesn't happen you will be hating yourself later. Don't ruin this for me either!! :D I was never able to participate in the group buys before and this is my only chance!! Let's make this happen for everyone's sake.

Nah I'm from central Jersey only 40 mins from NYC. Though I did live in Florida for about 12-13 years.

OT:

Buy these knives!! :pirate1::viking:

We've got enough orders today to make this happen! WOOHOO!!! :happy1:

So at midnight this shuts down and the knives get ordered directly after that.

Thanks to all of you who participated. :thumbsup:

Dave

Woohooo! Glad it got through!

To anyone who ordered What did you get?

I got the 190mm Santoku etched for a friend! The etching look is just killer!

Back