D. Martell Hiromoto AS Re-Handle Group Buy is ON!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the petty and the 240mm gyuto with etching. These are going to be my Christmas present to myself. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go." Went to Costco yesterday and they're already selling Christmas stuff. :excited:

Nah, Hollywood for 7 years and Gainesville for 5
:D

I got a 300mm Suji thinned and etched!! Yay! My first Suji!!

Now where's the wood???!!

Ohh ohh! When do we get to select wood!?? :jumpy:

I call the girliest looking wood in the pile :) non of you should want that one anyway!

hell if it could be pink that would be even better!

(its for a friend... I swear!)

I call the girliest looking wood in the pile :) non of you should want that one anyway!

hell if it could be pink that would be even better!

(its for a friend... I swear!)

I might be able to help.... Have to look in my stash.

Stefan

Darn, looks like I missed this... anyone who has had their circumstances change and is perhaps looking to opt out of their order please feel free to pm/email me.

A 210 is what I would be in the market for.

Dave, hope this is OK to post this here. :cool2:

Thanks!

Darn, looks like I missed this... anyone who has had their circumstances change and is perhaps looking to opt out of their order please feel free to pm/email me.

A 210 is what I would be in the market for.

Dave, hope this is OK to post this here. :cool2:

Thanks!

Fine by me. :)

I was counting the number of weeks to go and seems we're about half way there, maybe around Thanksgiving.

One of the 240mm gyutos purchased for the group buy has become available so if anyone is interested in getting in on this let me know your PayPal address and I'll get you an invoice sent out and get your name put on this knife.

The cost would be $285 for the knife, rehandle, sharpening, spine/choil rounding
For blade etching - add $40
For blade thinning - add $65
Shipping cost dependent on your location, please advise.

Thanks!
Dave

One of the 240mm gyutos purchased for the group buy has become available so if anyone is interested in getting in on this let me know your PayPal address and I'll get you an invoice sent out and get your name put on this knife.

The cost would be $285 for the knife, rehandle, sharpening, spine/choil rounding
For blade etching - add $40
For blade thinning - add $65
Shipping cost dependent on your location, please advise.

Thanks!
Dave

Cancel this

Just wanted you guys to know that I haven't forgot about you. I'm plugging away!

Oooh I missed this update! Are we getting closer now? I was just wondering about this the other day.

[video=youtube;bflYjF90t7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflYjF90t7c[/video]

Lol

For those who ordered knives in this group buy please shoot me your handle preferences.

Some of you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised by the cladding on these Hiros I received. The 240s & 210mm gyutos look especially cool, a lot (close enough) like the what we used to call "dripping cladding" because that's what it looks like it's doing. :)

I was going to say, some of them have the "rain drops" like the old Hiros. Not as frequent, but more so than batches from the past couple years.

please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool...

Back