D. Martell Hiromoto AS Re-Handle Group Buy is ON!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully we'll know tomorrow Rick. I would've had it done already but the handle is kicking my ass a bit, it's some tough stuff.

Am I like your biggest pain in the ass customer or what??? :D

Some of you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised by the cladding on these Hiros I received. The 240s & 210mm gyutos look especially cool, a lot (close enough) like the what we used to call "dripping cladding" because that's what it looks like it's doing. :)
I had a feeling I should a been in on this batch... DOH!

please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool, please let mine be cool...

:happy2::tooth:

Us Jersey guys have a habit of being a pain in the ass. :rasberry:

Hey there might be something to that.....Ryan can drive me crazy with his projects too. :D

It's all good though guys, I learn something new all the time when I push myself.

Rick, I'll have pictures for you tomorrow.

SCHWEET!! Out of the blue my wife actually just asked me about this knife. I told her about the progress you had made and she seemed excited and said, "Maybe you'll see something tomorrow." Then I check the new posts and see this. Score!!

It's been a couple of days now with no new pictures. The troops are getting anxious.

yeah I know I've spent too much time messing with the forums and getting no work done....it's frustrating to me too. :(

OK guys I'm finally going to be starting work again tomorrow on these knives. I've got a few at 50% already so keep your eyes peeled. :)

I've been playing around with Hiros for awhile and every now and then I try something different when it comes to the etching and surface conditioning procedure that I do. Over the last few I've done I've tweaked a couple of ways I do things and can see a direction that the results are headed and I like it. I've been encouraged by this and it's lead me to try something different (adding an extra two steps) yet very similar and I'm very happy with what I've seen already, pre-etch. Just wait until I show the next gyuto that'll be finished, it's the first one using this new process and if it's half as good as I suspect then I've scored a winner here. I'm excited to finish this knife up. :)

Back