How many gyutos do you have??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go for it Wagstaff. I did the same with one of my knives, never really did it before and it worked out incredibly well. Knife performs way better than it ever did. Looks a little sketchy but it doesn't affect how it cuts. I've done it twice and started with a 220 SS both times which didn't take that long
I'll thank you for the encouragement now... maybe not after I get to work on the thing! Actually I like the knife just fine as it is -- I like it a lot. But I wonder if convexing might make for better release on potatoes and such. I'm a a beginner sharpener and so fearful. I've sharpened for a little while now if you count months (but only a little). Not so much given edge retention on my blades, though... I don't get as much practice as I need. Perhaps after the holidays I'll take this to the coarse stone and change the grind a bit.

you can always stop by and give it a shot here if you want... kind of a safety net of sorts

Jon! Been meaning to stop in there since you got back from Japan. Been crazier-busier than normal, so it just keeps getting put off. But... I love that offer. Thanks, I'll likely take you up on it!

Happy Thanksgiving, Jon, to you and Sarah.... And everyone!

thanks... happy thanksgiving to you and everyone else for that matter

see you after thanksgiving i guess

you can always stop by and give it a shot here if you want... kind of a safety net of sorts

And if you screw it up royally, well, Jon just might have an item or two in stock you could replace it with! Haha, just kidding you'll be in good hands there.

Latest posts

Back