Huws Food

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huw the food looks delicious and beautiful !! i miss fine dining :)

Amazing...... a lot of tweezers used to put those plates together. I can't believe I'm looking at this thread, now I'm going to have to make squid ink consomme next week! Absolutely beautiful plates! :knife:

where do you work man i live and work in sydney atm and you food looks really beautiful would be interesting to come dine there

I really like your dessert plates. The savories are very nice, but the desserts are striking. If I remember the sister restaurant to where I work did a similar thing to the chocolate mandarin deal, except in the American south we call mandarins satsumas.

i didnt see any squid ink consomme. it was squid in congee aka jook.

Roast cutlet & confit shoulder of Local Lamb, tomato, zucchini, sourdough, lemon chips
C851BA4D-3D44-47AA-9618-ADCFEA5E0778-1320-000000D2C1F751A9_zpsb3f52c06.jpg
[/IMG]

How did I miss that??

Huw, awesome.
Do you have summer all year round or what? :doublethumbsup: Damn beautiful colours and plating. Awesome and labour intensive.
The quality of the photos is outstanding too.
But must say the desserts catched my eye more than the rest. Neat and pretty.

King prawn & cuttlefish, squid ink congee, shimeji mushroom, ginger & shallot
46FAAEB2-F98A-4B87-A227-4E1FEFA6A1D2-1464-0000012F1E04588F_zpsda29c357.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes Please! That looks awesome. Some of the dish's a few of you have been putting up lately are just fantastic.

Dave

this thread actually gives me another reason to visit Merimbula! (Apart from the fishing!)

Bacon dashi is amazing. I use it on basically everything I make that requires stock.

Italian themed Degustation
Sorry for the crummy pics, I hate the kitchen lights
Oysters, marinated scampi, prawn arancini, stewed octopus
null_zps1f9e54cf.jpg
[/IMG]
Salad of local Tomatos, buffalo mozzarella, crushed basil
null_zpscfb3b85e.jpg
[/IMG]
Calamari "risotto", scallops, ink
null_zps429a4031.jpg
[/IMG]
Chicken liver tortellini, Kangaroo tail brodo
null_zpse5a2a84a.jpg
[/IMG]
Veal tenderloin, artichoke, tomato, potato, sage
null_zps037c0615.jpg
[/IMG]
Zuppa Inglese
null_zpse8e15811.jpg
[/IMG]
Chocolate semi freddo, sour cherry
null_zps4bd889ef.jpg
[/IMG]

Amazing!!! Show off. :) Beautifully composed dishes. I wish this damn taste O' vision button worked! Not a very smart phone, if you ask me.

Kangaroo Tail Brodo. Don't see that much up in the States Huw :D Great seeing these pix after swimming in all things turkey. Thanks for the beautiful food images .

Back