It was a long day, but.......

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,
When you have time can you snap a couple more photos?

I will take some more pics today, as well as ones comparing the blade profile with other knives. camera is charging.

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

Very nice Matt!
Pardon my ignorance, but who made the second knife in the last pic?

Why does it look like something completely different to me? That's what was confusing me...the handle points differently than I remember...
Maybe I'm just losing it!

Yep the knife is a carter ip pro in white steel, dessert ironwood handle

Wow! I always thought Murray's pro handles pointed up a touch at the butt.
Thanks guys.
How do the three compare performance and comfortwise?

Have not used the kramer yet.... I know I know....

those three knives are probably the most flawless knives I have owned, as well as the shigefusa. All of them are extremely different though.

The carter is a bit beefier than the others, but tapers nicely.
I was just using the Rader at work and it is a fun knife. The handle is beautiful but a bit small for my hand. Great edge retention, and pretty thin. Also very little reactivity during use compared to my other carbon knives.

Ok...this Carter is baffling me.
It's beefier than the Kramer? My eyes must be playing tricks on me!
Either way, they all look incredible!

IMG_5023.JPG

This thing is ridiculously thin at the tip. And really, really gorgeous in person. And I even saw some patina, so it looks like Matt HAS been using, and just not saying anything!

Wow calling me out?!?!?!?! Yes I have been using it a bit, but not enough to write a review. It is still my baby!

Hey and all of my knives have patina, no drawer queens in my kitchen!

:happy2: c'mon Matt :poke1:

That is one seriously fine knife. What do you keep it in? I think you need some kinda Niloc sheath for it:thumbsup:

Bob made a black dyed wood sheath for it! plus the knife bag it comes in is awesome!

I actually have almost not stainless knives at this point. I think the only one is my dt-itk and masamoto vg10. And those do not have patina.:razz:

check out the first picture, it is that black bag

Back