JNS 1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the same thing Jon - he OWNS that place - mods included.
Back in the day, I complained about Ken and Mark. My post was immediately deleted.
When I complained about the deleted post, my post was deleted and I was immediately banned.
I re-registered and my posts were deleted and my IP address banned.
I re-registered under a different IP address and my posts were promptly deleted.
I gave up changing my IP address and have not been back since.
Ken and Mark pimp each others crappy products and the mods have their backs.

Anything I purchase now comes from reputable dealers like Maxim (and others on KKF, but I have only dealt with Maxim).

Ho sh**, those knives are after he's done with them? Jeez. I'm still a learner and there's no way I'd "finish" my knives that way.

Its pretty clear that KF is/has become a shop window for cktg, populated almost entirely by a) fans who push the products and b) newbs who are dazzled by the glut of videos produced to peddle the wares.

1035pwg.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, and he takes money for that bollocks??

Im sorry for showing that here, but this is how it can be done with just a 1k cheapo king stone....

101_3030.jpg

101_3036.jpg

And how it looks when dry

101_3037.jpg

Just a bit of work and will...

I'd laugh at him, but that's probably how my single bevels would turn out. :doublebanghead:

Oh wait, I'm not a professional sharpener:haha4:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, and he takes money for that bollocks??

Im sorry for showing that here, but this is how it can be done with just a 1k cheapo king stone....

101_3030.jpg

101_3036.jpg

And how it looks when dry

101_3037.jpg

Just a bit of work and will...

Almost look the same to me ........................................................................................................................ just kidding :D Nice job!

here this is what Ken calls 8k Aoto finish (for the record Aoto does not get to 8k, only in Ken's world I guess)

here another of his masterpieces that went to a prominent member of another forum to get fixed;

I think that pretty much does it as far as credibility of this guy goes.

That was the worst finish i have ever seen! My Suehiro Cerax 400 leaves a smoother finish... well at least not far from. :scared4:

bieniek : :thumbsup:

What amazes me is that some things are just too obvious to miss, like the finish on a gyuto purportedly polished by sword polisher. I don't get this type of business model.

M

here this is what Ken calls 8k Aoto finish (for the record Aoto does not get to 8k, only in Ken's world I guess)

10xsmmg.jpg

here another of his masterpieces that went to a prominent member of another forum to get fixed;

1035pwg.jpg

I think that pretty much does it as far as credibility of this guy goes.

he actually shipped that **** to people? that bottom one, especially, is what it should look like after about 5 minutes on a King 800. what happened to the other 2 hours, and multiple stones, following that first 5 minutes?

he actually shipped that **** to people? that bottom one, especially, is what it should look like after about 5 minutes on a King 800. what happened to the other 2 hours, and multiple stones, following that first 5 minutes?
the top one is just his interpretation of Aoto that provides 8k finish. I asked for pics of the finish and that is what he showed me. Aoto can't give 8k finish because it is too soft for that, not to mention the bevel is so messed up one can;t even tell where the Aoto finish is in the whole mess. Those are the Tanaba Aotos he sells from Tanaka by the way.
The second knife is actual customers knife that he worked on and sent out, that KCMA had to later fix because it looked like crap.

Do you guys remember that new Doi kiritsuke that he put a natural stone finish on for CKTG? :clown:

Getting back to the subject, I'm trying to figure out what he/they think this kind of thing gets them? I mean why even bring up any of this crap when you're trying to showcase a new product you're bringing to market? None of this is positive and does no good for your cause.

Obviously they don't have the brains to figure that out.

And why do they sharpen knives on the reverse side like that? right hand blade being hold by left hand and edge away from sharpener, single bevel knife in particular. With the motion he is using, it is very unlikely that he and get anywhere close to even scratch pattern on the bevel.

Man I just caught up on this thread. I can't believe what they are saying. Those knives he shipped are unacceptable for sure. Wow.

Its only explanes why they will steel my stone name, they own reputation seems to be pretty bad. They got more then 20 random stones (stones they did not even test ) from different brands and put they own stamp on them, now they need to get attention and good name for them.
Very bad busines strategy !!
Thats why these guys are jokes to me. I think i will just ignore them in the future and not recommend them to anyone.

Video: 15:05

Ken: "You do have to be careful about some of the knife sharpeners out there...I won't mention names."

Woah, those stones are from random brands? Anyone see a desperate attempt at making a high end line like the Gesshins in all this?

And those knives from sword polisher :eyebrow: Witch looks to me finished on 60 grit belt sander

I remember looking at those knives. I figured I was missing something, but I guess they are that bad.

1k JNS test

guess witch is mine :D

[video=youtube;whQwul9U7g8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQwul9U7g8&feature=plcp&context=C36afd94UDOEgsToPDskK6vm24o-RjlnJcdQxBTTye[/video]

For those who thinks, if they are same color, then it is same stone or performance :rofl2:

It is clear which is which stone #1 is JNS, stone #2 Nabutama, now if they claim they are the same stone then guess who is the fool?

Next they'll see your video and ask you to sharpen on a scale to make sure that your pressure is the same on both stones :rofl2:

Next they'll see your video and ask you to sharpen on a scale to make sure that your pressure is the same on both stones :rofl2:

Haha i reckon he either swapped knives off camera, or added some CBN to the first stone :D

That knife is a bad little mf ... you tried to kill it on several stones - still it holds up :D Nice video, makes things very clear ;)

Back