JNS 1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok now they use my name JNS on 1000, 320 and 600 grit stones just to bust they google search.
I hope you guys see what happening here :(
May be you should start selling the 600 bamboo too, your price will be much cheaper shipper to US anyway. That should make them happy for sure.

I had contemplated sending some of my hard earned money to "that place" at a point in time, now I am glad I didn't and can say that I never will. If I'm ever in the market for a J-nat I will contact you for sure.

I just received my JNS 1000 stone. Nice solid packaging, quick turnaround A++ ... now I just have to try it out - can't wait :D

I had contemplated sending some of my hard earned money to "that place" at a point in time, now I am glad I didn't and can say that I never will. If I'm ever in the market for a J-nat I will contact you for sure.
For Jnats I'd never buy from anyone else but Maksim, I have tried at least two stones from all available vendors except one, but based on what people say about them I am glad I did not buy from them.Maksim has great variety of high quality stones from very soft stones for knives, to super hard stones for razors.

Thanks guys for all of your support !!!

One more post and you can join giveaway :D

This whole thing is incredibly lame and they are lying about you and your prices to boost their own business. Just another example of why so many of us post here now

Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?

Anyone ever consider that Mark and Ken might be actually the same person?

Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?

of course this could be true.
i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.

of course this could be true.
i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.
If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.
I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product), he is competition to 330mate though.

If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.

I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.

I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product)

I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is. :rofl2:

If it was it still doesn't give them the right to use Maxim's brandname! Go ahead and make a burger called Bigmac, advertice it ... and see what happens ;)

Yep they also clame they have Jons stones on KF.
That i am very sure they dont !

If you do a search of "jns" on the website, you get two hits - to the 320 and 600 stones where Ken comments how each stone retains swarf similar to the "JNS 320."

I haven't seen the videos that are posted, nor do I care to, but did Ken actually buy the JNS 320 stone or did he borrow it from someone?

Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?

So Maxim, if they don't have your stones what do they have?

I don't see any reason why i should say it, then i will be as lame as them.

edit: you know maybe i just get couple of them for sell :D

Nope :eyebrow:
I like how they like to play wise guys for something they did not even try hehe...
Its ok to guess, but make public announcement that they are same stones and publish it on they website its just to much.

Dan, if it is not the same stone, you should ask for your money back, or get one from JNS and have two. :)

Maxim, wise guys has a slightly different meaning (or a second meaning) here in the US, than in the rest of English-speaking world as the word combination would imply.

Could not help but think about Jimmy Two Times character "I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers"

LOL

If you do a search of "jns" on the website, you get two hits - to the 320 and 600 stones where Ken comments how each stone retains swarf similar to the "JNS 320."

I haven't seen the videos that are posted, nor do I care to, but did Ken actually buy the JNS 320 stone or did he borrow it from someone?

Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?
No he has never tried JNS 320 , he also accused me of claiming they were same stones, only to then start referring to them as being the same stone.
If that is not the most illogical way of thinking I do not know what is. Of coarse they have no problem claiming the 1k is identical, based on color I guess since they have not tired JNS 1k either. That is the dumbest thing ever, that is like saying Sigma power soft and hard are the same stone, just because the look the same.

Its ok to guess, but make public announcement that they are same stones and publish it on they website its just to much.

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/917790/

Ken: "This is one of several 1000 grit stones available among the Nubatama Synthetic Japanese Waterstones. This particular one is part of the Ume or plum series. Most notable for it's georgeous speckled pattern, it is a particularly beautiful stone that sharpens as well as it looks. ..."

CKTG: "Now THAT"S where I've seen that JNS 1000 stone! It's the Ume 1K! Ha, it's on my shelf and I've been using it at home for the past week!!!! Guess I don't need a loaner after all. Nice video Ken. Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."

Edit: I probably should have sent this to you (Maxim) as a PM. I am happy to remove it if you wish.

Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."
I am not sure I understand what he means by that. I never payed customs fees when I got stuff from abroad.

Back