JNS 1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say i got a lot of request for JNS 1k because of these thread, witch was not my intention at all.
So i guess i need to say thanks to people that copy my stones name hehe.. :dontknow:

I never expected to sell so many synthetic stones, so my stock is very limited.
I get new stones next week with them there will be some JNS 1k :D And some very cool new Natural Red Aotos for knives.

Wow man i did not have seen this one !
I glad that you posted it, it shows them in right light!

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/917790/

Ken: "This is one of several 1000 grit stones available among the Nubatama Synthetic Japanese Waterstones. This particular one is part of the Ume or plum series. Most notable for it's georgeous speckled pattern, it is a particularly beautiful stone that sharpens as well as it looks. ..."

CKTG: "Now THAT"S where I've seen that JNS 1000 stone! It's the Ume 1K! Ha, it's on my shelf and I've been using it at home for the past week!!!! Guess I don't need a loaner after all. Nice video Ken. Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."

Edit: I probably should have sent this to you (Maxim) as a PM. I am happy to remove it if you wish.

I love how if anyone disagrees with Ken or Mark the mods step in. The attitude in those threads is unbelievable. Where is the professional courtesy?

Funny thing is that they post to each other in public even though they could communicate in an easier way. I believe that Ken has a little corner on Mark's site.

Ken: "This is one of several 1000 grit stones available among the Nubatama Synthetic Japanese Waterstones. This particular one is part of the Ume or plum series. Most notable for it's georgeous speckled pattern, it is a particularly beautiful stone that sharpens as well as it looks. ..."

CKTG: "Now THAT"S where I've seen that JNS 1000 stone! It's the Ume 1K! Ha, it's on my shelf and I've been using it at home for the past week!!!! Guess I don't need a loaner after all. Nice video Ken. Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."
Wow, that sounds like bad infomercial dialog, where they pretend it is not scripted :nono:

I'm conscious to avoid debates around business ethics etc but something about this makes me feel uncomfortable, the focus should be on the individual merits, not claims based on the reputation of another's hard work and knowledge. Makes me perceive the nubatama as a knock off jns, and knock off anything doesn't appeal to me.
The whole debacle leaves a bad taste

I'm said to say that none of this is news to me, different situation, same old story.

I'm conscious to avoid debates around business ethics etc but something about this makes me feel uncomfortable, the focus should be on the individual merits, not claims based on the reputation of another's hard work and knowledge. Makes me perceive the nubatama as a knock off jns, and knock off anything doesn't appeal to me.
The whole debacle leaves a bad taste

+1

If it were just the video "review" and something like, "this is a great stone at a great price that is comparable to anything you will find elsewhere, and fast and free shipping to boot!" I would have no problem with it. I am all for promotion, but not at the expense of others. It left a bad taste for me too.

No he has never tried JNS 320 , he also accused me of claiming they were same stones, only to then start referring to them as being the same stone.
If that is not the most illogical way of thinking I do not know what is. Of coarse they have no problem claiming the 1k is identical, based on color I guess since they have not tired JNS 1k either. That is the dumbest thing ever, that is like saying Sigma power soft and hard are the same stone, just because the look the same.

Hey! Leave me out of this Mickey Mouse cr@p!

Stu.

Ok guys i have the other stone on the way that is not my JNS 1000 :D
Will make comparison video when they arrive !

I can't wait to see that.

You know what the funny thing would be if you backhanded them the way they backhanded you. Something along the lines of "Unlike this imitation stone that you can buy cheaper with free shipping and no customs fees..." It would be funny, but then you'd be no better than they are... I'd still laugh though.

Why wouldnt he be better??

It'd just be showing the truth to potential customers getting fouled around by that tvvat from CKTG.

And thats why I think its good idea to consider, wouldnt propably changer much unfortunately

I will only show that they are not same stones. So i get one they sell and mine to make compression, Then we see who is a duck :D

KF really is beyond a joke now. Such a pathetic staging/hijacking of a thread coupled with appaling behaviour from the main protagonists. I find it hard to believe that anyone who is invested in this community would purchase from such a source.

I think he is referring to an expression "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..." in relation to a claim that Nubatama 1K and JNS 1000 is the same stone. One of the posts had something along the line of "...They look, sound and cut the same. Pretty obvious to me" , though it is possible that Ken used duck analogy in some other thread.

M

KF really is beyond a joke now. Such a pathetic staging/hijacking of a thread coupled with appaling behaviour from the main protagonists. I find it hard to believe that anyone who is invested in this community would purchase from such a source.

Certain people on KF can't stand criticisms or negative reviews. I find the whole thing ridiculous. They act just like lawyers - you don't have to prove yourself right, you just have to prove the other guy wrong; and if there is anything negative written or said about your case, you consult the judge to have it stricken from the record.

The truth of the matter is that we only understand and overcome our faults through the criticism and feedback of others.

The person who goes around saying their the best at this or that obviously hasn't had their product or skills put up to adequate competition, or worse... they just don't acknowledge competition in the first place.

swedishchefbyhellion.jpg
[/IMG]

well said .

Also, when you do the video, make sure to mispronounce the name of the other Japanese stone as horribly as Ken does.

I just got a funny email from someone telling me that I'm Ken's target again. This time he's posted a video for the 800x stone talking about a Mukimono knife that "a hack sharpener from Pennsylvania" screwed up. Ken writes on KF...

Third is a messed up single bevel kawamuki paring knife, messed up by a hack knife sharpener in Pennsylvania

So now here's my side of the story...

We were working together (at my house) to try to get his sharpening device prototype (AKA - his finished production model) to work correctly. That knife was screwed up by Ken's own hands on his own Gizmo device thing – not by me on an EdgePro and buffer like he stated. My only dealing with that knife was using it (after he whacked it out) to show him how his device fudged up the shinogi line and then I went to a leather belt to deburr it for him because he couldn’t get it to cut and he refused to admit it was a burr problem.

Anyway, I posted this here to add to the content already showing Ken for who he really is. In my opinion he tried to pass himself off as a surgeon when he first showed up in the community - and got owned in public on that, now he's supposed to be an expert knife sharpener and stone guru. People, take what he says with a grain of salt, it may not be the truth.

lol, those two guys (Mark and Ken) act like Laurel and Hardy.

here this is what Ken calls 8k Aoto finish (for the record Aoto does not get to 8k, only in Ken's world I guess)

10xsmmg.jpg

here another of his masterpieces that went to a prominent member of another forum to get fixed;

1035pwg.jpg

I think that pretty much does it as far as credibility of this guy goes.

Third is a messed up single bevel kawamuki paring knife, messed up by a hack knife sharpener in Pennsylvania

Technically Dave, he isn't lying. He was simply referring to himself and the fact that he was in PA when he messed up the knife. :D

here this is what Ken calls 8k Aoto finish (for the record Aoto does not get to 8k, only in Ken's world I guess)

10xsmmg.jpg

here another of his masterpieces that went to a prominent member of another forum to get fixed;

1035pwg.jpg

I think that pretty much does it as far as credibility of this guy goes.

W T F :shocked3: :eek2:

Back