Knife block

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaddayah want from me? That's all I've seen of it so far! I'll unbox it and shoot some pics a little later; right now I'm still trying to give the impression I am hard at work :O

WOW that looks awesome! Nice job, you win!

That does look pretty sweet! Sadly, mine is going to look pretty naked, as I don't have nearly enough knives to fill it.

What little bit of the kitchen is visible in the pic looks nice! Looks like you have a really nice view while working behind the counter. :cool2:

Another
P1261182.jpg

Jeff

What is it made out of, cherry and walnut?

I want a little glass cruet like the one you have on your counter too Jeff.

For those who asked
Groupshot1.jpg

I have posted these on other forums in the past.

Jeff

So you got the big cherry one, looks great! And an awesome collection of knives!

Got two boxes today, my 14 slot walnut vertical block (Looks great, thank you David!) and a thermapen. I will have to find that camera, but nothing like that cherry one, especially loaded as it is. I will need to get some more knives to fill it up as it is.

WildBoar and mc2442 - Why am I not seeing any pictures of your new blocks? You two should be ashamed of yourselves for holding out on us.

I will try to remedy that JBG, but I really do need to dig out my camera. And my collection of knives will not be that impressive, a few nice ones and some old crappy ones.

The new knife block

IMG_3555.JPG

Full frontal (suji is a 300)
IMG_3553.JPG

Fully loaded (sorry, I am knife-deficient)
IMG_3555.JPG

Comparison with previous "big knife block"
IMG_3558.JPG

IMG_3559.JPG

Fully loaded (sorry, I am knife-deficient)

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. It is a good problem to have.:biggrin:

It's like a semi pulling up next to a mini-cooper - love the comparison between the blocks.

That's more like it! Seeing it next to your old block really puts its size in perspective. I notice that when you show it "fully loaded" that doesn't include your Germans. They are not allowed in the new block? ;)

Congrats David.

I definitely need A new big block. These are too awesome.

Anyone got recommendations?

Needs to accommodate:

2-cleaver
2-300 suji
2-270 kiritsuke gyuto. (both on the tallish side)
4-240 gyuto
2-210 petty/gyuto
4 - 140-180 nakiri/ko bunka/funayuki
4-Petty's 90-180

This will cover me for all my DB for the next year! SB can go in the old block.

I would kill for something like this!

Thanks! David really makes some nice stuff! But I can see why he's gotten out of the knife block business, as they must take a ton of time to produce and it would be hard to sell them for what they should really cost.

The German knives can stay in the old block, next to my wife's cutting board :scared2:

Thanks!The German knives can stay in the old block, next to my wife's cutting board

I love that you have the room but still won't let them in with your better knives. It's like you have a plane and the first class cabin is half empty but you refused to allow any of the other passengers to upgrade.

That looks just like my block, mc! :) Mahogany?

If we could all come to a consensus (yeah sure) on a block design maybe we could convince David into making a bunch of the exact same thing. Mine is already out of slots and I'd like some paring knife slots and a scissors slot in the base and probably need about 40 slots up top.

Back