Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SWF are you in favor that all the sought after ones should be auctioned off instead? Ebay style, closed bid, other?
No, absolutely not.

Ticket raffles are a no-go too.

The on-time release is also questionable. Furious clickling with heart attack potential ... :p

Raffles where you add your name and the winner is selected by random is ok, but I still prefer the announcment on Instagram and following release. I do see that other people are not online all the time so raffles are their only change to get for example a Jiro. But actualy there are too many raffles for these knives. Carbonknife and Tetogi found a good balance. When they get two Jiros one goes on raffle or in-store sell, the other is being release just after being announced on Instagram. I think this is the best solution.

A finishing note regarding raffles: maybe a reasonable max. number of participants like 50 or so wouldn't be too bad. This would be a mixture of raffle and acitive following reward.

More Kato Ku Unicorns landed in Denmark. Kato must be REALLY enjoying his retirement. Seems like there have been more drops since he retired than when he was working full-time. 🤔

Kato hasn't any order to fulfill anymore, he just works for fun and obviously rewards long-time partnerships. Nice to see that even new models are coming up (this one has never been made before as far as I know). I'm looking forward what's coming up next.

Kato hasn't any order to fulfill anymore, he just works for fun and obviously rewards long-time partnerships. Nice to see that even new models are coming up (this one has never been made before as far as I know). I'm looking forward what's coming up next.
Did they sell that fast or not listed?
Are they worth it or just collectors these days?

Did they sell that fast or not listed?
Are they worth it or just collectors these days?
They went fast except one that is now (re-)listed. Kato's are collector's items, but also excellent kitchen knives. Do they perform that much better that justifies the high price? Well, they are great knives (I'd say my 240 migaki WH is by far the best gyuto I have) but there are other excellent knives like Toyama that are also great performers at much lower price level. But they are not Katos ... :p

And this is why I'm part of those that made this community but find nothing like it was. I rarely come here because of this.

All the guys "chatting up" this thread are good people who are routinely out in general population helping this community. Great bunch of folks. Thank you for helping build it in the early days but things also evolve and grow.

Yeah, the "retired Kato" stuff gets old but I see it as a minor annoyance in an otherwise awesome thread and part of the larger and more awesome community.

All the guys "chatting up" this thread are good people who are routinely out in general population helping this community. Great bunch of folks. Thank you for helping build it in the early days but things also evolve and grow.

Yeah, the "retired Kato" stuff gets old but I see it as a minor annoyance in an otherwise awesome thread and part of the larger and more awesome community.
The whole complaint is misguided, look at the first page of this thread, it was a chat thread from the very beginning like every thread here except BST threads where chatting is officially prohibited.

A couple of nice looking new items from Lucid Knives:

https://www.lucidknives.com/s/shop

Screenshot_2024-02-09-21-07-48-25_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-09-21-08-17-32_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Last edited:
Etsy has been really wonky

Not sure I needed any more nails in the coffin before I bail on this platform, but here we are...

Sorry to anyone who looked and didn't find anything. Thought I had it sorted out but it definitely seems like it's still goofing up. I'm not a tech wizard by any stretch of the imagination but I'm working on it. Going to try and push out a bunch of customs in the coming weeks, and hopefully by next drop I'll have a better platform worked out.

Not sure I needed any more nails in the coffin before I bail on this platform, but here we are...

Sorry to anyone who looked and didn't find anything. Thought I had it sorted out but it definitely seems like it's still goofing up. I'm not a tech wizard by any stretch of the imagination but I'm working on it. Going to try and push out a bunch of customs in the coming weeks, and hopefully by next drop I'll have a better platform worked out.
Really don’t think it is you man. It is definitely the platform.

I saw three and had one in the basket, but decided I didn’t want a mono gyuto 🤷‍♂️

So anyway, it worked out for me - but Etsy is a bit weird.

Back