Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a knife but
A 3.2kg pair of scissors
Blade length 28cm, overall 60cm

I did not buy it... Idk what I'd do with it

i-img600x450-1709623359zikkft27.jpg

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f1127474128

I think only stainless to stainless requires special equipment. Many people talk about welding stainless to carbon on blade forum without equipment. I think Birgersson has a batch coming up and he’s a much smaller operation. Apologies if this has already been addressed
It might be possible but a small operation like TF is not going to make their own when commercially available, consistent prelaminated bar stock is available. You only have to look at the blade to blade consistency (vs their iron clad lines), layer thickness consistency, lack of DT etc to know its commercially made san mai. Employees have confirmed this so it's a moot point.

Last edited:
Not a knife but
A 3.2kg pair of scissors
Blade length 28cm, overall 60cm

I did not buy it... Idk what I'd do with it

View attachment 307612
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f1127474128

Um... You would sharpen it and maybe some minor cleanup of egregious spots. Then you'd take 40 or 50 excellent pics of the scissors themselves, sharpening the edges, etc. and combine it with a lengthy and highly detailed description of the steel, the grind, and the overall package. Then you'd sell it to someone here for a loss.

I mean, this is what you do!

:)

What were the specs on these. I can’t understand when makers don’t post specs when selling. I know I could ask, but why not just include them in the sale.
Normally I would, especially if it was a new item. But in this case @Delat has it right, I had assumed everyone who would grab one was aware of what they were, since they've been discussed and awaited for a while. And also I forgot to haha. When I have available pieces in the future I'll be sure to. The production stuff, which these were, will always be the same sizes, though there may be alternate versions. One off stuff will always be posted with full specs incl weight, edge length and taper etc

I got one of Skye’s preorder batch not that long ago and quite like his work. Got it just to try but see myself keeping it.
I'm glad to hear dude! I figured they're more a casual knife for most of us here, something to do the work and be enjoyable. Not that unicorn collection piece, but an attractive and dependable knife nonetheless. Thanks again for the support!

Being relatively stupid and naive, I’m not familiar with Funaki. Are there any particular attributes that sets the Tosho x Funaki knives apart from other higher end Japanese knives?

Back