Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being relatively stupid and naive, I’m not familiar with Funaki. Are there any particular attributes that sets the Tosho x Funaki knives apart from other higher end Japanese knives?
The higher price.
The funaki guy regularly sells his stuff for about 30000 to 40000 at crafts markets in Kyoto. Add the mystical sharpening and you get three times the price. Kinda like the dude with the Kyoto made rentetsu gyutos that he sells for three times the Japanese retail price.

Right now it’s all about whether you have products or not so anything goes.

Do you understand that the first one is convex and the others are wide bevel then? That wasn’t clear to me.
Simon does forged geometry, so I understood it as the ‘fully ground’ one has the geometry ground in across the whole of the knife post-forging, whereas the ones with KU or without that specification will only have had the bevels ground post-forging.

Pretty short notice, but I just saw this a bit ago...

Francisco Vaz is running a flash sale on a 200mm 14c28n stainless chef ‘raptor’ for $300 if contacted via email before 12pm today.

Quick video he posted on the knife:

Maker's website:
https://www.fvazknives.com/

Maker's email:
[email protected]

He posted on another forum (not sure if there are rules against linking to other forums? Sorry - pretty new here). He’s a very talented maker in Brazil. I have 3 knives from him at the moment with more on the way from a large order earlier this month. I highly recommend you check out his work, particularly at this price.

Back