Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a little DIY-y to me. That blade deserves better IMHO. Could have been Maxsim himself. Highly doubtful thats Katos handiwork.
You sure you are not brothers with this fella? 😉

Attachments

• F43BB24B-0F70-4270-B4E6-B3EC4BED6AB7.jpeg
    F43BB24B-0F70-4270-B4E6-B3EC4BED6AB7.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
You sure you are not brothers with this fella? 😉
That would be a hard no. Just providing a personal opinion. Opinions are still allowed aren't they? The rivet/pins look very clunky and agricultural.
That said I wouldn't kick it out of bed.

Last edited:
Has anyone used one of these Bloodroot Roller Bearing blades?

Wondering what they are like in terms of ability to take and hold an edge.. or any other positive or negative findings.

Screenshot_20240110-212920-205.png

Screenshot_20240110-212947-547.png

I just signed up for their newsletter and it seems, at least this batch, were made mostly from Roller Bearings.

I love their handles, esp this cherry burl.

This one is pretty sweet too...

Screenshot_20240110-212701.png
Screenshot_20240110-212803-634.png

Last edited:
Has anyone used one of these Bloodroot Roller Bearing blades?

Wondering what they are like in terms of ability to take and hold an edge.. or any other positive or negative findings.

View attachment 292351

View attachment 292352

I just signed up for their newsletter and it seems, at least this batch, were made mostly from Roller Bearings.

I love their handles, esp this cherry burl.

This one is pretty sweet too...

View attachment 292353View attachment 292354
Most likely 52100, can't guarantee it though.

Most likely 52100, can't guarantee it though.
It is and very well heat treated as are their saw blade knives. The ones I’ve tried were very well balanced and very comfortable in use. Good profiles. The grind is basically flat, very little if any convexity. The ones I’ve tried were very good cutters and interestingly not as bad with food release as I thought they should be. Not as good as well done convex knives, but not as horrible as a flat ground knife should be. I don’t know why though, doesn’t make much sense to me.

Gang, What's the story with this knife: Manaka Kisuke Aogami 1 Gyuto 210mm - Blade Only

Everywhere I look, this line is non-existent but Sugi has had these blades here forever. Am i missing something?
I can't speak to the Gyuto , but I purchased (from Sugi) the same knife in a 150mm Petty config.
I love it!

Always been suspicious of a Petty's usefulness AND the practicality of non-stainless blades ... This is the knife maker that changed my mind on both subjects.

I can break down a chicken, or core a bell pepper with ease & speed using the Kisuke petty. My knife skills are mediocre at best.

I clean/dry it as soon as I'm done, not a big ask for a tool that serves me so well.

I can't speak to the Gyuto , but I purchased (from Sugi) the same knife in a 150mm Petty config.
I love it!

Always been suspicious of a Petty's usefulness AND the practicality of non-stainless blades ... This is the knife maker that changed my mind on both subjects.

I can break down a chicken, or core a bell pepper with ease & speed using the Kisuke petty. My knife skills are mediocre at best.

I clean/dry it as soon as I'm done, not a big ask for a tool that serves me so well.
I made that post a minute ago. I ended up snagging a bunka from that line not too long ago. I have enjoyed it thus far. It was thinned some before I got it so it isn't quite as robust as it originally was.

Back