Let’s see some outdoor knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this pretty cool knife from Chinese knife maker Chen Gaozhi/陈高志 in K890, he’s a custom maker based in Guangxi, great quality and really tough.
IMG_8240.jpeg

Still can’t go outdoors so I started to learn whittling, really makes appreciate a good Puukko and understands why puukko shouldn’t have guard, probably gonna find someone to ground the guard of the small one for me
View attachment 287547

Time for a whittling knife. ;)

https://www.casexx.com/Pattern/DisplayPattern.asp?PatternAutoID=47
Of course there are also very serious folding whittlers out there:

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/sho...Q8mwnAdYpHGyPp-JdSUhxh7-UtRWuzZRoCZxYQAvD_BwE

will throw the mora 120 in the mix, used them to learn spoon carving in my hs art class. Bought one for myself not long after, it happily whittles away wood whenever I need it to.

Bit too fancy for me now, probably just gonna do with what I have
will throw the mora 120 in the mix, used them to learn spoon carving in my hs art class. Bought one for myself not long after, it happily whittles away wood whenever I need it to.
I actually got one of the old laminated one on order, also kind interested in Roseli UHC stuff

Ok…. A Joonas Kallioniemi Puukko, with an unusual flat grind and round spine. My understanding is that this a test knife for a flat grind.

And a Randall Model 3, 5 inch in stainless.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Ok…. A Joonas Kallioniemi Puukko, with an unusual flat grind and round spine. My understanding is that this a test knife for a flat grind.

And a Randall Model 3, 5 inch in stainless.
that knife cant be very common!!

I’m pretty sure it’s the only one. A collector sold it to me many years ago, right around the time Joonas stopped making knives. It’s my only pure puukko, and while I’d still like a proper 5-bevel blade, this flat grind is an outrageous cutter and has been on many trips. I don’t get out much lately, so I simply get to care for it, keeping it polished and stropped sharp. It really is one of my favourite knives.

Last edited:
A JE made Large Nessmuk in 14C28N, 59.5 HRC, not in my hand yet but probably soon. Chen is from the same city as me and a really good maker, his steel is not the most exotic but his knife is well constructed and well heat treated, better than most factory stuff. This is 4th gen of his Nessmuk design and first one in 14C28N. He asked me to do a pass around and gather more advices, also probably some photos and videos in use, wishing to sell more directly and reach out more. For this he sent me an extra with no charge so hard to say no… Excited to try his new stuff, let me know anyone’s interested in pass around, this is both out door and semi kitchen use. There’s 2 different handle texture.
e9cb0b00e49125fe1e8379e79234af5d.jpeg
7d585af9e18017f1e73145fa5fcd2dcf.jpeg
d1b89a70ba2b3c7a72bd732364b97a80.jpeg

Back