Let's see your tattoos!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just looks real intriguing.

Rottman, if not too invasive, could you post a pic of the finished work on your arm ?

At your convenience of couse... I am a patient guy. :D

It's not easy to photograph your own arm... I won't try to do that with my back...
duerer.jpg

It's not easy to photograph your own arm... I won't try to do that with my back...
View attachment 4845

That is awesome. I can see the part of the picture it recreates. How far up your arm does it go? Where did the original come from? Those types of drawings/paintings look awesome but they are hard to find or else I don't know what to look for

That is awesome. I can see the part of the picture it recreates. How far up your arm does it go? Where did the original come from? Those types of drawings/paintings look awesome but they are hard to find or else I don't know what to look for

Yes Rottman, thank you for the pic.

Great tat!

So it does wrap around more than 180 degrees on the arm?

The group of four angles wraps 360 degree around the arm.

Steven, the original is a woodcut by Albrecht Dürer from a series of 15 illustrations of the Apocalypse / Revelation published shortly before 1500.

It was more the content than the nationality of the artist....

Btw Steven, here's a 400+ page volume from 1913 with reproductions of Durer's work available to read online.

Thanks for the link Tilman. I have seen a few more of his work and it is very interesting, I have seen a lot of artwork of the same type but it is from present day, probably inspired by such carvings. Seeing the originals that are centuries old is very cool

Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjebTottiw

Great film documentary that I actually checked out at the local library.
It shows a lot of the early history and characters that made up the burgeoning US tattoo industry. Also, pays great homage to the Japanese artists's influence.

FWIW, a bit raunchy... but an excellent watch.

Near the end of the movie one of the subjects remarks how tattooing, piercing, has historically been an underground anti-establishment endeavor. Taboo.
Now, he surmises it has become so common place and overexposed to even children in our society, that the next expression of rebellion/individualism may be ink free skin...

So, no else here has seen this then?

Perhaps Netflix or something?

Seems a decent primer on western tat history and Japanese influence on such...

That was fast, but links don't work for me...

I am obviously inept at posting photos. First imageshack, this last fail was picasa, now I'm trying photobucket..............3rd time's a
c_bobafett.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3799.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3798.jpg
[/IMG]

c_bobafett.jpg

Last edited:
Just these two done today. I hope the American members here approve of #7. :D

IMAG0013.jpg

#7 - USA Dolphin

IMAG0015.jpg

#8 - Bonaire Lionfish

Last edited:
Chili peppers, representing the seven deadly sins. sins are like chili you never know how hot it's going to be until you try one. The other one is a Tlingit spirit bear swallowing a malevolent being. I designed both of them, the bear 18 years ago and the chili peppers about 12 years ago after one hell of a bender, 6-10oz manhattans, 1 bottle large black sambuca, 1 bottle patron anejo, 1 bottle jameson, 1 bottle belvedere, 6 citrus presses and about 10 beers in a 24 hour period. I may have died once in that time. Us Indians can put away the booze and this was just my share. Room service bill came in when I checked out , they said I ordered all of this booze and nobody came to visit me. apparently,I drank it all solo. I woke up, decided I wanted a tattoo to celebrate my survival and I was stone cold sober when I walked into the parlor, I drew the tattoo and fell asleep while they were working on me. I didn't touch another drink for almost nine years. I might have a few drinks every couple of months, but I don't drink my daily 2 bottles of tequila and scotch anymore.lol

tats 001.jpg

tats 003.jpg

Chili peppers, representing the seven deadly sins. sins are like chili you never know how hot it's going to be until you try one. The other one is a Tlingit spirit bear swallowing a malevolent being. I designed both of them, the bear 18 years ago and the chili peppers about 12 years ago after one hell of a bender, 6-10oz manhattans, 1 bottle large black sambuca, 1 bottle patron anejo, 1 bottle jameson, 1 bottle belvedere, 6 citrus presses and about 10 beers in a 24 hour period. I may have died once in that time. Us Indians can put away the booze and this was just my share. Room service bill came in when I checked out , they said I ordered all of this booze and nobody came to visit me. apparently,I drank it all solo. I woke up, decided I wanted a tattoo to celebrate my survival and I was stone cold sober when I walked into the parlor, I drew the tattoo and fell asleep while they were working on me. I didn't touch another drink for almost nine years. I might have a few drinks every couple of months, but I don't drink my daily 2 bottles of tequila and scotch anymore.lol

Damn son, I'd love to buy you a drink some day, but I can't afford a bar tab like that! Unlike most people, at least you've got something to show for it.

I've always been a proponent of virgin skin. Although I knew I'd get one sooner or later. Another bucket list thing I guess. Then it comes down to what the hell do you put permenently on your body? Women come and go, dogs come and go.

I'll always have my daughter. BTW, congrats Mike.

tattoo3.jpg

Had some more work done.

IMG_6950.jpg

Funny to see you post the hammer Voodoo lol, i was uploading this pic and stepped away for a second to get some food.
2012-03-24_17-08-40_930.jpg

Little bit of a different take on it.

Back