Low and going maker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as a US maker, if you ever get a piece I made in your hands, I love feedback, good or bad, it is greatly welcomed....learning this craft is a lifelong challenge and this is what I need to make a better product!

and if the maker can't take the feedback, then gtfo of the grind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This! And same here
You have to stop being shy and give feedback to maker’s. After all, don’t you want us to improve?

I'm afraid to ask but how on earth did you know about that? Googling knife pron?
I didn't know who JJ was so when you explained it I googled "Jesse James knives" to see if it was the actual Jesse James. I was laughing at his knives while browsing the site then clicked How It's Done to laugh some more. Then I saw the photo at the bottom. *SHRUG*

I mean, Jesse James is an autonomous self-propelled *********, but other than that, he's alright.
If by that you mean ambulatory gonad, yup. Guy rubs me all the wrong ways.

I own a CJA that was probably made before he sailed over the edge. Nice knife and very pretty. For its thick spine it handles a potato quite well.

I didn't know who JJ was so when you explained it I googled "Jesse James knives" to see if it was the actual Jesse James. I was laughing at his knives while browsing the site then clicked How It's Done to laugh some more. Then I saw the photo at the bottom. *SHRUG*
Defo vintage

Joel Black and Oblivion both way to thick to cut well enough and not pretty enough for me to spend time on. I have seen others from them I love so it may have only been my samples. Delber Ealy.... Awful
My JB and Oblivion were both very good knives, but "awful" would describe the Ealy I got from Rodgriguez...

I've looked at Cut Brooklyn's stuff and it seems fairly nice. When he's not using angry fruit salad micarta, it looks pretty clean. I want to like Del Ealy's stuff, but I mostly do not like his damascus.

It's not for bad knives, it's for knives that has a lot of hype behind them but miss the mark for you for various reasons.

Are Jiros worth the hype? I’ve held a few but never used or owned one. There’s nothing superficially appealing to me (my personal and subjective taste obviously) in terms of aesthetics, geometry etc. but they’re exalted by many.

Are Jiros worth the hype? I’ve held a few but never used or owned one. There’s nothing superficially appealing to me (my personal and subjective taste obviously) in terms of aesthetics, geometry etc. but they’re exalted by many.
Yes I’m interested in this as well. Some one was kind enough to let me borrow one and I didn’t love it but mostly because it was in a yo handle and very back weighted. But I did not feel like it was phenomenal (personally speaking)

Back