MH Passarround - Nakiri 173x63mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20230829_005354059.jpg

Feeling better now. Mailed it out today.

Review

Well, to start off with, in hand feel felt very nice. Fit and finish was on point. Very nice, nothing to nitpick about at all. No sharp corners anywhere. Everything fit nicely together, no weird transitions.

In use, cutting feel and food release were quite good. I really liked using this knife. If there was anything I'd change, it would have to be making the knife 210mm in length. But that's just a preference, not a criticism of the knife itself.

Overall, I'd have to rate the knife a "I will buy this".

Thank you @martinhuber for the opportunity of trying out your work.

Feeling better now. Mailed it out today.

Review

Well, to start off with, in hand feel felt very nice. Fit and finish was on point. Very nice, nothing to nitpick about at all. No sharp corners anywhere. Everything fit nicely together, no weird transitions.

In use, cutting feel and food release were quite good. I really liked using this knife. If there was anything I'd change, it would have to be making the knife 210mm in length. But that's just a preference, not a criticism of the knife itself.

Overall, I'd have to rate the knife a "I will buy this".

Thank you @martinhuber for the opportunity of trying out your work.
Thank you so much! :)
Happy you liked it!

Safe and sound, thank you! @M1k3 @martinhuber
First impression- a solid nakiri on the heavy side of my scale, very easy and comfortable on a test carrot. I like the wood choice of the handle, big plus! 🍻
I've also noticed the twist mentioned on previous PA but interestingly it doesn't affect anything, at all! Will run a meal prep with it tomorrow to try more. And...maybe a polish/clean up of the faces after I'm done, if that's okay? 😀
1696216119188.jpeg

Approved? 😉
before1696386957005.jpegafter

Had a couple meal preps with it, and here yo go.

Review​

Overall f&f is cool, didn't feel anything werid the whole time I was hold it. For a 170+ nakiri this beast is definitely on the heavy side for me, which contributes to easy veggie chopping. Release is good, no wedging on carrots, squash, lettuce, onions, etc. One interesting thing I felt is that this profile, especially the front design allows us to use the tip more like a gyuto in action (gyu-kiri?🧐). The later cleaning/polishing job confirmed previous members also gave a lot of use on this part(dense panina guys!), I'd say it is natural and comfortable to do so when you get there.
This is my first experience on MH's knife, despite his handles which I loved on other makers' work. I had fun and am pretty happy about this piece, but if ordering a custom from him I'd go with a slightly lighter and longer version.
Thanks a lot for having me on this PA, big 👍(or anything else you like?) up! @martinhuber

Approved? 😉
beforeView attachment 273192after View attachment 273196
Had a couple meal preps with it, and here yo go.

Review​

Overall f&f is cool, didn't feel anything werid the whole time I was hold it. For a 170+ nakiri this beast is definitely on the heavy side for me, which contributes to easy veggie chopping. Release is good, no wedging on carrots, squash, lettuce, onions, etc. One interesting thing I felt is that this profile, especially the front design allows us to use the tip more like a gyuto in action (gyu-kiri?🧐). The later cleaning/polishing job confirmed previous members also gave a lot of use on this part(dense panina guys!), I'd say it is natural and comfortable to do so when you get there.
This is my first experience on MH's knife, despite his handles which I loved on other makers' work. I had fun and am pretty happy about this piece, but if ordering a custom from him I'd go with a slightly lighter and longer version.
Thanks a lot for having me on this PA, big 👍(or anything else you like?) up! @martinhuber

Approved! Great job :D

Thanks for the feedback! Happy you like it!
And longer Nakiri boi sounda fun aswell ;)

This thing is totally awesome! Love how solid it feels on the board, and also found the grind to be quite nice. The handle is definitely not secured to the blade very well, I can feel movement from within the handle. I also didn’t think I’d like the profile (love a good flat profile), but found it to be quite agreeable. If you let the nose naturally dip it’s easy to get going with this knife.

Attachments

• IMG_2354.jpeg
    IMG_2354.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2355.jpeg
    IMG_2355.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
This thing is totally awesome! Love how solid it feels on the board, and also found the grind to be quite nice. The handle is definitely not secured to the blade very well, I can feel movement from within the handle. I also didn’t think I’d like the profile (love a good flat profile), but found it to be quite agreeable. If you let the nose naturally dip it’s easy to get going with this knife.
No onion slaying video for this one? Always enjoy them lol

Back