D. Martell Moving Shop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to say thanks to those of you who have sent me offers of help, ideas, and leads - it has all been very much appreciated. Thank you!!!! :)

Wow, what a day this has been! This morning I was welcomed back to admining here at KKF and then this afternoon we signed a lease on a house/shop!

It's like the magnetic polarity of my world shifted! :D

Our new landlord is starting work tomorrow on building the shop to suit us, he said he needs about two weeks to get it all done, and then we're back in business! :bliss:

Oh, and I just got word that my shopping cart is working again after being down for the last three days (or so). :)

I'm kind of afraid to go outside right now, might get struck by lightning.

Great news, Dave, congrats! Where did you find something? Will you have to move far? Of course, we will also need pictures once you are moving in ;)

Stefan

Wow, what a day this has been! This morning I was welcomed back to admining here at KKF and then this afternoon we signed a lease on a house/shop!

It's like the magnetic polarity of my world shifted! :D

Our new landlord is starting work tomorrow on building the shop to suit us, he said he needs about two weeks to get it all done, and then we're back in business! :bliss:

Oh, and I just got word that my shopping cart is working again after being down for the last three days (or so). :)

I'm kind of afraid to go outside right now, might get struck by lightning.

Maybe you were struck already...

Great news, Dave, congrats! Where did you find something? Will you have to move far? Of course, we will also need pictures once you are moving in ;)

Stefan

If thought I lived in the country before wait until you see this place. :D

It's about an hour's drive from the old place but very close to where we're staying up in the campground. It was dumb luck really finding this place so close to here.

Currently the shop is just a wood outbuilding that was used for "animals" but it's getting gutted, having a new (raised) wood floor installed, new windows, insulation, new tin roof/gutters, water ran for a sink, upgraded electric, new doors, etc. It's only half the size I had before but I'll make due. I'll set up an office in the house somewhere, there's lots of space for that.

Congratulations and blessings on continued success. Life is good!

If thought I lived in the country before wait until you see this place. :D

Uh oh, I almost saw that one coming. Here is the first picture of Dave and family heading to their new location:

amish-coche.jpg

Better start growing your beard, Dave... :D

Stefan

Congratulations. Glad you found a place.

(I do not recommend a trip to Vegas.)

[video=youtube;70xGgWIw5tU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70xGgWIw5tU[/video]

Good luck with that. Hope you're back up and running soon!

Good to hear your luck took a turn to the good side Dave!

Just came back and saw the great news! Congrats Dave - I hope you and your family will enjoy your new home!

And of course - drop me an email or PM once you are up an running, so that I can ship you a little package - that 150 Yoshikane SLD petty is waiting patiently for its new western rosewood burl handle :D

Great news Dave. Maybe I will be the first to have a sharpening class there;).

Hopefully after a month or so you will be settled in and think : Wow that was so worth all the aggravation!

I'm glad you've landed on your feet with your business and are back with us as The Moderator.

Once you've settled in I have a forgie that while the blade is "strong and servicable" could use some performance package love. :angel2::angel2::angel2:

$_57.jpg

I'm glad you've landed on your feet with your business and are back with us as The Moderator.

Once you've settled in I have a forgie that while the blade is "strong and servicable" could use some performance package love. :angel2::angel2::angel2:

:lol2:

Glad to see some good luck come your way. Hopefully everything will go smooth and you'll be back at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back