My Gastronomy...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing this kind of plating reminds me of a nature hike in a good way. Great stuff.

100_4166.jpg

100_4168.jpg

100_4171.jpg

100_4177.jpg

100_4175.jpg

100_4178.jpg

100_4188.jpg

100_4182.jpg

100_4190.jpg

100_4196.jpg

So today was 17th of may, In Norway a very important date. Now, im nowhere near being Norwegian, but every occasion is good to eat some sexy food, isnt it? :knife:

So NO STARTERS today.

Chicken Galantine stuffed with chicken mousse with slow saute onions and parsley.
Roasted in own juices and stock from the carcass.

Boiled new potatoes with butter

Simple salad with asparagus, cheese, toms

Dessert is rhubarb jam with honey, and my very own rum and raisin ice cream.
Oh and i felt little bored so i made batch of rustic tuille also.

I was little unsure how would dessert go. I mean, rhubarb goes great with custard, with raisins and with rum [if you drink enough :)] But howwould it go with all those ingredients mixed together?

well enough :doublethumbsup:

I love it when you post things you've cooked. For my taste your balance between appearance, preparation, and respect for the ingredients is absolutely perfect.

Looks delicious. I may do this soon but with a duck and some foie gras mousse I need to get rid of! Tell me more about the mousse inside of your chicken.

it sure looks delicious :D great way to roast a bird. but knife need rehandle :D

DK chef that knife needs to get thrown away, my only wiktorinox still standing is the bread knife...

Knyfeknerd, the mousse was pretty straight forward:

500g of meat, 10-20grams of parsley with stalks all together, salt, pepper, 2 whole eggs
around 10 good sized cloves of garlic, one big white onion, something of the medium sized spanish onion. Both finely chopped

I sautee garlic and onion for around an hour[just oil], but couldnt really tell you how long. I smell it, and when I like the smell, its done.
First off it will smell raw, after quarter maybe little sweet'ish and then mellow, i dont stir too much and after some more time it begins to caramelise. At that stage i fry it couple of minutes and its done.
You could cook onion differently but I wouldnt use raw onion, i think you dont roast the chicken for long enough to break down the onions and garlic well enough.

I add this to the meat and drive it all until smooth. Season rather well.

I dont refrigerate it just waits for the few minutes i take to bone out the chicken.

Now, I dont know how it would go with foie gras... Duck is definitely a great idea with the thick layer of fat. Great bird for stuffing
I never tried with foie gras cause if I eat it, I just pan fry and slice some apple with it!

the best bread and baker knife is wiktorinox 26cm, with rosewood handle, i have 3 and they are cheap and will always be my prefered bread knife.

i have seen your pimped Victorinox :D i like it a lot, love what Harald have done with it, and if i could do it myself i would,

DK chef that knife needs to get thrown away, my only wiktorinox still standing is the bread knife...

Knyfeknerd, the mousse was pretty straight forward:

500g of meat, 10-20grams of parsley with stalks all together, salt, pepper, 2 whole eggs
around 10 good sized cloves of garlic, one big white onion, something of the medium sized spanish onion. Both finely chopped

I sautee garlic and onion for around an hour[just oil], but couldnt really tell you how long. I smell it, and when I like the smell, its done.
First off it will smell raw, after quarter maybe little sweet'ish and then mellow, i dont stir too much and after some more time it begins to caramelise. At that stage i fry it couple of minutes and its done.
You could cook onion differently but I wouldnt use raw onion, i think you dont roast the chicken for long enough to break down the onions and garlic well enough.

I add this to the meat and drive it all until smooth. Season rather well.

I dont refrigerate it just waits for the few minutes i take to bone out the chicken.

Now, I dont know how it would go with foie gras... Duck is definitely a great idea with the thick layer of fat. Great bird for stuffing
I never tried with foie gras cause if I eat it, I just pan fry and slice some apple with it!

no cream? like a mousseline

I have the other version of wiktorinox also. Dont use it a lot. Try not to use bread knife at all, but if I cut a joint or bird in the dish, i wouldnt use any other than serrated knife :)
Im not sayign its bad knife or something. I just dont like it.

No need for a cream there :)
Would rather use stale baguette to fluff the stuffing up, but in the same time I wanted the whole thing to hold up nicely, and the stuffing not to expand too much.

Definitely would use cream for spinach and garlic stuffing, which is just a "marriage from heaven". :hungry:
OK, ménage à trois from heaven :D

dolce vita

100_4202.jpg

they really take a piss out here. This lovely makeral costs 6 BUCKS per kilo. I reckon after cleaning its 12 per kilo. LOL Kilo of ribeye will get almost 50 bucks out of your pocket !

100_4200.jpg

Olive, salamandred mackrell, mixed leaves, potato dijon salad, mixed cold veg and water. oh, salt everything

Eating outside, priceless.

Saba is quite cheap around here too. Good specimen one goes between 4.99 and 6.99 at the usual places I shop.

Thinking of shime saba again, mmmmmmm.

What is shime saba?

Im staying home alone for a whooole month.

Im going to go crazy cooking :D

I want to bring all the photos of what I made personally, so after years it will be nice to look at. Some of the photos you maybe seen before, some are from few years back.

raviolo.jpg

Raviolo from the first post
100_2791.jpg

at home blini - heck caviar
100_2793.jpg

100_2794.jpg

100_2795.jpg

100_2796.jpg

100_2786.jpg

been chasing mushrooms

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

one night in utdanningsforbundet

thai night
100_3121.jpg

100_3120.jpg

100_3124.jpg

100_3129.jpg

100_3117.jpg

100_3118.jpg

chix night
100_3398.jpg

100_3404.jpg

carrot cake
100_3247.jpg

Choco with dark choco mousse
100_3462.jpg

I actually dont remember what fish was that... Its in Danmark, @ CELF school. Stuffed courgette, asparagus, dried tomato, chive beurre blanc
100_1250.jpg

This is my favourite duck. Its rolled confit duck leg marinated 48 hours in orange zest, lemon zest, thyme, black pepper, garlic, fennel seeds, cumin, cardamon, etc
After its cooked and picked, its mixed with emulsion of 1/3 oyster sauce 1/3 demi glace and 1/3 butter. And plenty of chives and parsley
Its from winter menu [hence slow cooking] with dried fruits chilli chutney balsamic reduction and simple salad. Fancy salad but could go with mache also as for wintery leaves
IMG_20110622_225817.jpg

from my time in London
DUCKSAVOYCABBAGE.jpg

duck breast fondant pots, carrot puree savoy cabbage roll

SNAPPERGNOCCHIRATATOUILLE.jpg

snapps, gnocchi, rattatouille, balsamic, rocket.

Damn who put that much dressing on thr salad??!

:)

Everyday working day in the morning we produce cheap lunch for up to 20 people, they pay around 20 bucks for total 500g of food.
It includes two cold cuts, two cold fish, a salad, green leaves, sliced veg, fresh bread and 100g per person is hot food.
This is some from one day
I love to prepare this its so cool when you run looking for produce you could use.
100_3852.jpg

100_3543.jpg

100_3541.jpg

100_3542.jpg

100_3539.jpg

100_3538.jpg

100_3537.jpg

back at home, I deserve this. Regular fondant but not so regular. Black chocolate is used and cocoa powder instead half flour.
100_3877.jpg

What is shime saba?

Im staying home alone for a whooole month.

Im going to go crazy cooking :D

Looking delish. Shime saba is just the usual vinigar/salt cured Mackerel. The curing process transforms the fish into another dimension.

Sourdough bread baked in roman pot. Rye with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.

The leaven itself was propably started just after world war 2. I got it from bakery based in my hometown, the bakery is very very old, it propably is older than united states. :lol2:

I have holidays. Simple everyday low buck dinners.

Halibut panfried with baked sweet potato and just lemon-butter glaze.
Turkey roulades stuffed with fried spinach with garlic/shallot. First drowned in bath, haha black magic and then pan fried.
I buy whole chickens. Where would I get base for my reductions/sauces otherwise?

Cell phone - I use my old Nokia

From winter menu - pan fried cod with gnocchi beans dried tomato salad and butter sauce

Winter menu - Slow cooked leg of lamb, picked, mixed with lamb reduction and butter, lots of parsley, rolled and reheated in lamb stock before served. Served with big cubes of swede, carrot, potato

Winter menu Variation about the cofit duck leg roll with maché

Winter menu skin frie salmon stuffed with pickled ginger [homemade] on vinegared cabbage with honey and raisins and a sauce, hm, to make it simple made with honey and vinegar caramell, oyster sauce, good glace, and plenty of spices

No menu, my dinner the other day with fillet leftovers. beans plus mache, grilled peppers and courgette.

Winter menu. High temp confit pork belly, mashed fat potatoes with wild mushroom "ragout". This is the first ever presentation which then was changed sereval times.

Winter menu. Hot rice pudding with marinated cherries and cherry coulis/sauce. Should also contain cherry-kirschwasser sorbet but this was serve as amuse-bouche so without the ice. Table of five

My variation over tomato-mozzarella salad with bloody mary sorbet. Over the top looks like shite.

My first sausage try is getting ready to get dried a little in the oven

Brownie with caramelised plums. A gimmick

And again - youre not worth a damn, if you dont eat your food!

ALL of those photos are taken during my time in hotel when was in charge of the bar. Winter menu was mine, photos miss cullen skink for which i smoked my own haddock, simpler bar options like mackrell etc

Reply to the first post ------>That looked like an awesome meal. Great job with the pictures and little descriptions, I feel like I was part of the dinner party. Bet that duck confit with oyster sauce tasted amazing :biggrin:

Last edited:
Cheers xavier. I like when people enjoy my food or the story, if you dont get the chance to eat it [like here] :)

Back