Naming a Baby (Boy)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vali

Váli is a son of the god Odin and the giantess Rindr. He was birthed for the sole purpose of killing Höðr as revenge for Höðr's accidental murder of his twin brother, Baldr. He grew to full adulthood within one day of his birth, and slew Höðr. Váli is fated to survive Ragnarök.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A1li

Win.

Vali

Váli is a son of the god Odin and the giantess Rindr. He was birthed for the sole purpose of killing Höðr as revenge for Höðr's accidental murder of his twin brother, Baldr. He grew to full adulthood within one day of his birth, and slew Höðr. Váli is fated to survive Ragnarök.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Váli

Win.

That kicks ass...I kinda love anything related to Odin...I vote for this...as if that meant anything :)

There is a sort of analogue in the revenge aspect of this as well.

Ok, I am making a short list here, but again don't get the impression you all will have a final say ;) I liked a lot of them actually, but a lot of them don't go with my last name or were shot down by the misses already. Here are some I like.

Arik
Dagur
Odin
Kai (I had considered this one before)
Rowan
Gunnar (shot down)

And strangely Justin's Strop appeals to me, but I know better than mention that one to the wife.

Another name popped up, Stoli. I named my daughter after a vodka, so why not the boy tool ;)

k.

You named your daughter grey goose?

Not quite. Her name is Reyka.

k.

reyka1.jpg

Frank Zappa come up with a couple good ones.
Dweezil and Moon Unit.
Your kid would really hate you if you used one of them.

I remember the name game when we had our son. I wanted to name him Santino so badly.......it was shot down:sad0:

I've always felt that Yanagiba has a nice ring.

I know a guy called Thorir (Icelandic, lives in Norway). I always thought that was a pretty cool name.

If you called him Luke you could do this in 15 years time.....

Troll-Dad-Rules.jpg

Back