NBA Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stars showed-up. Juju so smooth. Paige reminding everyone she’s back. Iowa vs UConn is the Final Four game to watch. Tonight's games didn't disappoint.
Epic games.

But It turns out that the games in the Portland Women's regional, including one Elite 8 game, were played with one three-point line nine inches short.
You can see it easily in the picture below.
That's almost as much as the one-foot difference between the NBA and NCAA. (Both men's and women's teams play with the same three point line, the one that's used in international play.)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...nament-march-madness/cc705783c7b4dfb7bd591008

Can you imagine a men's game where this happens? And the solution is to pressure the coaches to decide to play while reminding them the clock is ticking for their national TV window?

FWIW, according to ESPN the teams playing on the side of the court with the "short" line shot worse from three, shot worse overall, and scored fewer points on average. (Since they swap ends, each team gets to play a half on each end of the court, so it's a valid, if not perfect, comparison.)

cffa23d0-a831-4002-a5f3-6791944e1ccc_1920x1080.jpg

Epic games.

But It turns out that the games in the Portland Women's regional, including one Elite 8 game, were played with one three-point line nine inches short.
You can see it easily in the picture below.
That's almost as much as the one-foot difference between the NBA and NCAA. (Both men's and women's teams play with the same three point line, the one that's used in international play.)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...nament-march-madness/cc705783c7b4dfb7bd591008

Can you imagine a men's game where this happens? And the solution is to pressure the coaches to decide to play while reminding them the clock is ticking for their national TV window?

FWIW, according to ESPN the teams playing on the side of the court with the "short" line shot worse from three, shot worse overall, and scored fewer points on average. (Since they swap ends, each team gets to play a half on each end of the court, so it's a valid, if not perfect, comparison.)

cffa23d0-a831-4002-a5f3-6791944e1ccc_1920x1080.jpg

This was crazy indeed. And the fault of a third-party vendor they contracted.
By the way, anybody following Orlando? Are they really good?

This was crazy indeed. And the fault of a third-party vendor they contracted.
By the way, anybody following Orlando? Are they really good?
Its funny you ask that bc I thought the same thing when they played the Dubs the other day. Wasn't familiar w them. Came away impressed. They're calling card is on defense, they are lock down. A bunch of 6'10" dudes with wingspan. Wouldn't be surprised if they upset NY in 1st round.

I catch them on league pass from time to time. Tough nosed team as By said. Paolo is a beast, Suggs and Isaac are top 10 defenders, Franz Wagner I think is having a little bit of a down season compared to what they expected. They jump on people out of the gate and they absolutely never lack effort. They could absolutely beat the knicks w/out og & Randle. They just need to address some shooting/offensive needs I think - but what team doesn’t need more shooting?

Caitlin vs. Bueckers should be fun

Going to have to switch back and forth bw Dubs and this

Yup. But the finals just got more interesting. Paige can get hers next year.
Love the idea because Paige has also done it the right way.
It'd be great to see her play a healthy year with Azzi Fudd (who missed this year with an ACL.)

One thing that might determine whether this happens or not: the #1 HS recruit, Sarah Strong announces her commitment today, and it's down to UConn, UNC, or Duke.I kind of hope last night pushed her toward U Conn but the smart money seems to be suggesting Duke.

Conspiracy theory time

I think NBA is going to do their best to keep Lakers & Dubs from meeting in play-in. Lakers will win 7/8 matchup and Dubs will win 9/10 then whoever Lakers beat.

They want their cash cows in the big dance.

Back