New Online Japanese Knife Shop in Columbus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just called them .....He said its a '' secret'' were he got them. What a joke.

I got it as well.

Since Jon got it and others didn't, I think I have an idea where they got their info from: Yoshihiro.

I got it as well... I haven't purchased broadly -- CKTG and eBay (330mate) only, but it didn't go to the email address I use for eBay.

I got it as well.

Since Jon got it and others didn't, I think I have an idea where they got their info from: Yoshihiro.

the yoshihiro website and e-bay store is another vendor just like me... i've never bought anything from them before and the only e-mail address they have from me is my business e-mail address (which is not where the e-mail came to). For that matter, i havent bought anything from e-bay in years.

the yoshihiro website and e-bay store is another vendor just like me... i've never bought anything from them before and the only e-mail address they have from me is my business e-mail address (which is not where the e-mail came to). For that matter, i havent bought anything from e-bay in years.

Scratch that. :curse:

This is pissing me off.

I just noticed they have the same picture as JCK on their e-mail.

The only knife purchase I made in the US was on Amazon, and I got the e-mail...

JCK might make sense... i used my personal e-mail when i bought stuff from them years ago

I haven't bought from JCK before, but still got the message several times.

i guess it´s a Ebay vendor, i didn´t recived it on the mail i have used with JCK.

I havent bought a knife on ebay and I got it. Maybe someone at knife forums.

I've bought from JCK and did not receive the email.

Dave

I feel left out ...I didn't get it either. Nobody loves me ;.-(

Just a thought.....

http://www.fwmedia.com/press-room/knifeforums

F+W Media Announces Acquisition of Knifeforums.com

http://www.fwmedia.com/privacy

Email address, postal address, telephone number

If at any time you provide us with your email address to place an order or access a service, we collect that information. Areas in which we may collect your email address include but are not limited to discussion boards; chat areas; product or service transactions; emails you send us; and interactive forms. If you provide us with your email address, you may receive periodic promotional emails from us and carefully selected partners with information regarding special offers or new products or services. You may also receive informational emails from us related to any user accounts you have set up with us, as well as administrative notices regarding the operation of the web site.
If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us and carefully selected partners with information on new products and services.

Visitors who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. We do not rent telephone contact information to third parties.
Finally, we keep any information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations, both in aggregate and personally identifiable ways.

HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION

We may share the information we collect on the web site with our trusted partners, including but not limited to affiliates, marketing partners, and fulfillment or customer service agents. Our partners may use this information to contact you for marketing purposes.

It's from ebay records of folks who have searched for knives. They track yoir shopping, not just your buying.

And other vendor possibilities are Korin and Cutlery & More.

I got it on an account that has only been used with KKF, D&R Sharpening, KF, CKTG, and now Blade since they took over KF. I never used it with JCK.

k.

I've bought from Korin and I've been logged in shopping eBay for knives recently but no email here.

Dave

+9 was wondering the same thing. How they got my email.

I think we can do a process of elimination by accounting all sources you guys used your personal email at and narrowing down to 1-3 possible culprits and make a guess.

Just a thought, why would an established vendor (like Korin or JCK) sell a list of their customers to a competitor, unless it is a subsidiary? It doesn't make sense.

F+W Media (KF)? That's a possibility, but then they are not being very thorough, as I haven't received anything.

M

I have been getting stuff from blade since I signed up, and didn't get this company's spam. I have only used that email with kf, kkf, and ebay. I would think I would get one from a Pakastani spamer. I also use that e-mail for many "beta" games that I wanted to test so I get ton's of spam too.

I would tend to agree, actually. Now that I think about it, ever since I signed up (a few months ago) I started receiving knife-related junk mail... never made the correlation before, but it's there.

Never got the mail

Shops Ive used:
CKTG, BluewayJapan and 3300mate.
Forums Ive left my address on: KKF and KF

Hmmm. I bet KF is it. Signed up seemingly a thousand years ago and barely used it.... but they'd have that email address for sure. Agree with the "that must be it" thoughts.

Google earth yields a nice residential street for the address; the owner must be operating out of his house

Back