New prebuy stainless paring knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is gonna be a cool little knife! Can't wait to get mine and thanks Del for doing these.

That's my red elm, so I guess it's simple for me. Looks fantastic Del! The E maker's mark is killer, can't wait to bring it to work.

Not that it matters much since this knife wont see too much board contact really but is there anything you can tell us about the hardness perhaps?

Not that it matters much since this knife wont see too much board contact really but is there anything you can tell us about the hardness perhaps?
These were heat treated at the same time as the AEBL gyutos and recieved the same treatment as well as the cryo necessary to attain full hardness. Although I didnt test any of these, I did test some of the gyutos and they came out at 61+ Hrc. I was able to get a good edge on them.
Del

OOhh I hope mine was one of the five!!! Awaiting pics!! :D

Got mine yesterday, just in time for dinner. This little guy is pretty rad.
Thanks Del.

One of the members gave me free choice on the handle, and its going to be a surprise so there are only 4 pics. (I actually had it packaged before I remembered about the pics) Rick, yours is one of the these four. :viking:
100_1124.jpg100_1125.jpg100_1126.jpg

Got it today, this little guy looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks Del!

Received mine today, looks good, need to find some things to break it in with.

Got mine yesterday. Thank Del. Love the handle you picked (even though I don't know what it is :O ).

-AJ

Aj,
That is some of the sycamore from Mark. Glad you like it.
Thanks,
Del

Does that mean we can see a pic now?
I do like the look of that sycamore.

100_1132.jpg

Had a few minutes earlier today, planning on a few more paring knives.
I still have a few to finish, working on those now.
Thanks,
Del

These are almost the last, one more to go, its on the bench and will be finished tomorrow. :viking:
I will be contacting those tomorrow who have expressed interest in a second batch.100_1133.jpg100_1135.jpg100_1136.jpg

I didn't see a picture of mine...I guess it will be in the next batch.

Starting a second batch, if you want one and didn't get a pm from me, let me know.
I also have a couple of stainless damascus blades started, these will be $175. I'll post a pic sometime this weekend of my progress. I am going to take a break from these for a day and work on some stainless damascus rings. I have the material and I want some more practice. Plus I have a show next weekend and I would love to have some finished for the show.
Del

Back