NYC get together

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw this today and really like the idea. i usually don't work weekends so i'm pretty flexible.

This Sunday is Father's day or else I would be down for something....Does anyone want to just set a day aside with time and place in the NYC area and see who is in???

Dang, anxious cowboy, sorry I missed it. I was in Brooklyn for a bit opening a new restaurant, but am now back in SLC. I will be back in NY hopefully in September, would like to hook up with some people then.

Hitting Atlanta at the end of July, anyone live there?

Dang, anxious cowboy, sorry I missed it. I was in Brooklyn for a bit opening a new restaurant, but am now back in SLC. I will be back in NY hopefully in September, would like to hook up with some people then.

Hitting Atlanta at the end of July, anyone live there?

Stephen Fowler lives in Georgia somewhere.

Roberta's or Paulie Gee works for me....I also like a place in the burg called Best Pizza....it's a buy the slice spot,small,casual....it is on Havermyer off N. 6th...they make their pies in a 100 year old brick bread oven

Roberta's or Paulie Gee works for me....I also like a place in the burg called Best Pizza....it's a buy the slice spot,small,casual....it is on Havermyer off N. 6th...they make their pies in a 100 year old brick bread oven

That sounds really good, I don't think you can go wrong with pizza being cooked in a 100 year old oven.

would love to join, but have to play by ear. Very busy these days, at a point that have to work evening and weekends.

has a day been chosen for any kind of get together. my days off are rare and random but if i can I would love too.

has a day been chosen for any kind of get together. my days off are rare and random but if i can I would love too.

NO date yet...Dreamsinals put up a link to some schedule thing and I replied, but iam not sure if anything has happened with it. Spoke with Eto and thought we might just pick a time and place and see who shows. I will definitely post if something is planned

So what's the word? Is it possible to pics a couple of dates for greater flexibility?

M

the whenisgood link is still up but only line cooked answered so far.

Geez, you guys must have tattoos and designer glasses. Somebody step up for christ sakes!

Geez, you guys must have tattoos and designer glasses. Somebody step up for christ sakes!

LMAO!

For the past week I was thinking The Ladies Who Lunch but didn't post anything in case I joined them!

Just to keep this from going away Fette Sau BBQ in Williamsburg Brooklyn, July 10 at 5pm. I will be there with Eto. Check out the link and look forward to actually meeting some of you. http://www.fettesaubbq.com/

I was there this past weekend, hour and a half wait, skip the brisket.

I was there this past weekend, hour and a half wait, skip the brisket.

Hello Jim,

So the brisket's a bismal, bummer, can you think of a place that would be good around that time (5pm) on July 10th.

Cheers ,
eto

The 10th is a Sunday so it may not be bad. Unfortunately they cook the brisket in a pan, fat cap up, this leave no crust and the cut I had was also not tender at all, it needed a lot more time at temps. The sausage was good. I would not say I would never go again, but not to wait that long.

Are you only looking in Willyberg? Tres Hermanos is the bomb for authentic Mexican.

Hey Jim,

We're open to anything really . If we can't get in at Fette Sau BBQ , we can always find somewhere else.

eto.

I was looking for a place that was not rigid on time and had the potential to accomoadte a group of people that could fluctuate in size. Fete Sau seemed to fit that critreria.If the wait is long we can always try and another place to chow down. My intention is to get there when it opens; get a table and some snacks to share for when folks start to arrive

For now I will stick the Fete Sau on July 10 at 5pm...Thanks for the insight Jim

I think we guys should make it a bit simple, like meet for a drink in East Village or something. I used to live there and love the neighborhood and know a few hangouts. There are also several great Japanese restaurants there. Reasonably priced and great food.
Just saying.

M

I think we guys should make it a bit simple, like meet for a drink in East Village or something. I used to live there and love the neighborhood and know a few hangouts. There are also several great Japanese restaurants there. Reasonably priced and great food.
Just saying.

M
Marko I definitely agree with keeping it simple, but it was starting to look like people were loosing interest.... thought it would be good to make an attempt and keep things moving...I am less concerned with the venue and more interested with putting some names and faces together....Jim seemed to think my choice could use some reconsideration also....If you have a better plan for that day please let us know, but without setting up a definite time or place we are right back to just talking about a meet up

Latest posts

Back