NYC get together

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey this is just the first meeting (more to follow). We can pick different locations each time, based on some of you guys preferences.

I haven't been to Rocky Sullivan's (Another of my favorite. Used to be on Lex and 27th) since it moved to Red Hook. Will come to Brooklyn, no prob.

Meeting in a bar is probably preferable (for me) than in a restaurant, as I find the atmosphere more relaxing.

M

I might actually be able to make this one. I usually am working mondays but I am going on a bit of a field trip but will be back in the city by 7:30 hmmm.

I might actually be able to make this one. I usually am working mondays but I am going on a bit of a field trip but will be back in the city by 7:30 hmmm.

OK, I can't believe I am saying this (as I am so accustomed to failure), but it looks like I will be bringing my first production knife (Masamomo clone) that I am to finish in the next couple of days. It will be going to JohnyChance after that, but you guys will have a opportunity to check it out, and I will do a pass around later.

M

OK, I can't believe I am saying this (as I am so accustomed to failure), but it looks like I will be bringing my first production knife (Masamomo clone) that I am to finish in the next couple of days. It will be going to JohnyChance after that, but you guys will have a opportunity to check it out, and I will do a pass around later.

M

If i can make it I will certainly bring some toys if you guys want.

If you wanna come to brooklyn robertas is a great restaurant that is as chilll as a bar... I should be able to make it where ever we go

So I can definitely make it out for something this monday after 8pm.

sounds good I will be there. I am coming from a trip to long island so I will not be knife heavy. I can bring the two knives I am leaving at work. the new heiji slicer and fowler if you guys are interested.

ok, 830, I am off all day today so I will try not to get ****** up before that, no promises, either way I will stop in.

sounds good I will be there. I am coming from a trip to long island so I will not be knife heavy. I can bring the two knives I am leaving at work. the new heiji slicer and fowler if you guys are interested.

Sounds great. yeah bring your slicer would love to check it out.

Bringing two knives. Both with octagonal handles. Ran out of time for meiji, so it will have to be the next project.

M

Just had a Mr softee uptown. Ill be heading down in a few.

actually got called into work,,,, good thing I didnt drink early.... next time guys, i wish I wasn't missing this.

Line Cooked, Mattrud, Marko and Theory, it was great to meet with you guys last night. Let's do it again soon. Thanks for showing your work Marko , and a nice collection you have yourself there Mattrud.

eto

It was great to catch up with people I have met before and meet new people. I have had a great time.

M

It was a solid nightout...fun and informative. Thanks to Marko and Matt For bringing out the conversation pieces....Great chatting with everybody!

Yeah, we definitely had fun too! Sorry I had to bounce a bit earlier but we had to catch that train back to Jersey. Next time maybe we can meet up a little bit earlier... It was pretty cool meeting everyone though thanks for having me out!

same here. Nice to put some faces to names. I would love to do it again and of course bust out some more knives.

Time for another one eh? I still have mondays off! Probably apartment hunting next monday, though.... Thinking about moving to north jersey....

I am always down but I always work monday dinner.

we're both chillin on the computer, lets get beer next time. When do you usually get out of work? You're off 3rd ave L stop right? I've been taking the L home...

yea I am on 12th st and 2nd ave I usually get out very late. I am on the computer at work doing ordering and stuff. feel free to stop by here for a beer sometime, we have a bar next to us that is open late and has food.

Back