NYC get together

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would make sense to meet in a group of 2-3 than trying to get everybody to agree to a specific time and place. I think we should post something like this:

Friday July 1st, evening, anybody? Scratchers (5th St and 3rd Av), at 8:30. Anybody? This is just an example, not actual plans, but it is one of my favorite bars in East Village. :)

I think my intentions are getting a liitle hazed over for the meet up..... The byproduct of my multiple post.....
I had planed on hanging with ETO on July 10th regardless....We thought it would be a good idea to open it up to other forum types. Considering I am the newbie I would be excited if one or two members showed up.

With that being said I am flexible. If someone has a better or more definite plan I will do my best to make it but for now I am sticking with my origianl post
which is FETTE SAU on July 10th at 5PM

I think my intentions are getting a liitle hazed over for the meet up..... The byproduct of my multiple post.....
I had planed on hanging with ETO on July 10th regardless....We thought it would be a good idea to open it up to other forum types. Considering I am the newbie I would be excited if one or two members showed up.

With that being said I am flexible. If someone has a better or more definite plan I will do my best to make it but for now I am sticking with my origianl post

If i am off I will come, keep you posted.

Sorry if my post was a distraction.

Quick last minute reminder Fete Sau at 5pm tomorrow....you can identify me by my tee shirt....black with the words ALL GOOD in white....should be with ETO
www.fettesaubbq.com

Quick last minute reminder Fete Sau at 5pm tomorrow....you can identify me by my tee shirt....black with the words ALL GOOD in white....should be with ETO
www.fettesaubbq.com

Awesome Line Cooked. I will be there. Im just not sure yet what shirt Im going to wear yet. See you at 5pm.
eto

Had a great time with Line Cooked today, food was really good. Thanks for setting the meet up Line Cooked. We will have to do this again soon.

Cheers.
eto

Thanks Eto...It was interesting...not sure if two constitutes an official gathering, but you have to start some where....Who is setting up the next go around????

I am up for drinks in East Village if you guys are up for it. Favorite bar - Scratcher on 5th street (209 E. 5th St). Have very fond memories associated with that place, so visiting it is always a treat. This is one of the few last hangouts in the East Village that haven't changed in the last 10 years.
http://nymag.com/listings/bar/scratcher/

I am pretty flexible, as long as we meet 8 pm or later.

M

Sounds good to me Marko....72 hours notice usually works for me....I will see if ETO is interested also

This would work for me also. Lets see who else we can get on board. Marko you need to bring some of your awesome work with you for us to take a look out.

eto.

This would work for me also. Lets see who else we can get on board. Marko you need to bring some of your awesome work with you for us to take a look out.

eto.
I love the idea of whipping out a knife in a bar... in the east village

I love the idea of whipping out a knife in a bar... in the east village

I am still in experimental stage, but getting closer and closer to finally start playing with big dogs. If we meet in a couple of weeks or so, I should have a complete knife ready.

What days are good for you guys? Weekends are not good for me, as I have family obligations often and am out of town.

Otherwise I am 45 min by train and subway from East Village. There was a time when I lived on Second Avenue between 5th and 6th Street, but it was ten years ago...

M

I second the Monday....makes it easier for the chef types

Mondays are great. Bars are empty so we can have a lively conversation without shouting.

So, should we say this coming Monday at Scratcher at 8:30 pm?

M

Man...that was a rough nieghborhood back in the day. I used to draw some of my casual labor from a "facility" down there. :Ooooh:

I moved into an apartment in East Village in 1996 and left for Brooklyn in 2001. Back in 1996 Alphabet City was not what it is today. Not as bad as in the 80s, but not what you see today.
Nothing beats living two dors down from a bar where you would hang out with friends regularly. It was called Black Start back then. Old good times...

OK, folks, Monday the 18th it is. Scratcher at 8:30 or later. If you see a guy with a knife in his hand, it's me. :)
M

OK, folks, Monday the 18th it is. Scratcher at 8:30 or later. If you see a guy with a knife in his hand, it's me. :)
M

It may be worth the flight just to see you walking into a bar with a 300mm knife while reciting crocadile dundee of course- "That's not a knife....this is a knife!" :D

I moved into an apartment in East Village in 1996 and left for Brooklyn in 2001. Back in 1996 Alphabet City was not what it is today. Not as bad as in the 80s, but not what you see today.
Nothing beats living two dors down from a bar where you would hang out with friends regularly. It was called Black Start back then. Old good times...

M

Count me in Marko Monday the 18th @ 8:30 works for me.

Wow, you folks now put pressure on me (as if I don't have enough already) to complete the knife I am working on and to bring it with me to show you.

M

Wow, you folks now put pressure on me (as if I don't have enough already) to complete the knife I am working on and to bring it with me to show you.

M

Don't worry if you don't finish the knife, but sure would be nice to check that out.

eto.

Monday July 18th works for me...I am a Brooklyn boy, but have always had a fondness for LES...spent a lot time down there in the mid 90's

My appointment in the city should be over around 12 - 12:30. I should be free for a little bit after that.

What happens first, an NYC get together or a completed Dave knife? :poke1: :D

I'll be there as well. Anybody free earlier than 8:30? I'll probably be done with work around 6:30-7pm

Back