Pepper

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of the pepper mills and a black sampler pack from Pepper Passion.

The mill is downright beautiful. It's the Moderna in Jarrah Burl. It grinds well and its a head turner for anyone who walks into my kitchen. I tend to like my pepper ground more on the coarse side, so I am not sure how quickly it will grind pepper into a fine powder but it does have the ability to grind extremely fine.

On the sampler pack, my favorite is the Lampong. Each of the peppers has a distinct flavor and pairs better with different foods, but the lampong has an earthy tone that goes well with most everything I cook. It is also slightly hotter than the rest as well, which is a plus in my book.

-Sam

Sam, if you love your mill would you consider going to our site and leaving some commnets or rating for this product? All yo need to do is visit, log in, visit the prduct detail page and leave your rating and comment. I am offering a $10.00 gift coupon to customers who do so.

Lampong is nice. It also grinds really well since it is a slightly smaller peppercorn.

Bruce

i ended up linking this on my audio forum, and we got the same great individual attention from mr. morgan. i bought some Celtic grey salt and some black Madagascar peppercorns. i look forward to the samples. if i really like the product, i'll be ordering in bulk, i'm sure.

I have tried Kirklands Terichelly which is nice but not exceptional.
I have also tried a few from Penzeys which is a different quality altogether. Does have excellent quality on other spices as well.

Trying to buy an omni-pack from pepper-passion, but can't get the checkout to work :-(

Thanks

Robin

I am a little puzzled by the Costco Tellicherry. They sell it for less than I buy it for which might explain why most of my customers claim it is not nearly as good as what we provide. We bou only the top grades of each variety.

A few customers have had problems with my web site. Usually it only happens if they are using Internet Explorer but not all the time. Very frustrating. You can try calling me directly or try using s different browser and see f it makes a difference.

Bruce

I suspect it's a bit like wine -- I can find a quaffable Cabernet from the Central Valley for $3.99, but it's not in the same league with a wine made from the same grape but grown in the Napa Valley. It's Charles Shaw vs. Joseph Phelps.

The Kirkland tellicherry isn't as good as I'd like. I think I'll get something else a try, I like a hotter pepper.

I am a little puzzled by the Costco Tellicherry. They sell it for less than I buy it for which might explain why most of my customers claim it is not nearly as good as what we provide. We bou only the top grades of each variety.

A few customers have had problems with my web site. Usually it only happens if they are using Internet Explorer but not all the time. Very frustrating. You can try calling me directly or try using s different browser and see f it makes a difference.

Bruce

Just a token of appreciation to Bruce.
Day after my failure to order he called me up and we sorted out my order. My omni-pack is now on the road. And not the least, thanks for the 10%.

Excellent to deal with! Thanks

i got my order today. good stuff! quickly shipped, too, which is always a plus. :) i'll be ordering more down the road, i'm sure.

Just to reply to a few comments:
1. I am not a masochist to turn Verawood. For me Cocobolo is the worst although most sources I find rate the other rosewoods species as being worse. I break out in hive after turning Cocobolo.
2. The Omni peppercorn pack is also popular. Maybe pepper lover are a little compulsive to buy sixteen bags comprising almost a hundred dollars.
3. White pepper has a completely different aroma and flavor than black. White smells like manure and has a hot but creamy flavor. Great for taming gamey flavors.
4. I do not advocate mixing peppercorns but adding some white Talamanca to black pepperocnrs will certainly heat up the blend if that is what you are after.

Bruce

It was padouk (in the rosewood family) that did me in; nothing like paprika floating in the air sticking to everything before the days of dust collection. Thanks for participating.
Seth

So how many people bought something from Pepper Passion and what do you think of what you got?

http://www.peppermills.com/

Very well made and good customer service. I have been using them for about three years and use about four pounds of pepper per year x two grinders. They don't like real big peppercorns though.
I get my peppercorns at bulkfoods.com. 32.xx for five pounds. Very tasty.
Vince

Been buying the Kirkland tellicherry purely for price reasons, but I think the money I've saved on it may have to go toward something from pepper passion now ! :D

Thank you for the nice comments regarding our products. I wanted to add a few notes as follows:

1. We have a Facebook Page. You can find it here. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pepper-Passion-Inc/293398055145 We would love to see a few more people click the "Like" button.

2. If you register as a user at our site, you will automatically be registered for our quarterly newsletter. In our last newsletter from a week ago, we announced sale prices on our handcrafted mills. They do make a great Mother's Day gift even if it would not arrive in time for this year.

3. In our last newsletter, I also offered a $10.00 gift coupon for users who return to our site to write a review and rate one of our products. We know people love our products from private communications but for people like Dave Martell, it is nice for potential customer to see what others think. You can leave a review by logging in, going to the product detail page and leave a rating and/or write a review at the bottom of the page. If you do so, send me an email to alert me (and which product you reviewed) ad I will create the coupon code for you. One coupon only per customer, although you may leave multiple reviews.

Have a pepper day!

Bruce
http://www.pepper-passion.com

I bought a sampler pack, and I'm very pleased. I haven't tried them all, but those I have are great.

I'm gonna have to get me some. I barely held off last time, I just had a bunch in the cupboard already. We go through pepper like it's candy around here though, so it's time to up my game.

What's your fave so far Rick?

I'm eyeballing the Madagascar, but they all look so good.

I'm looking for a black pepper variety with lots of aroma and not a lot of heat. I want to find a pepper good enough I want to eat it with a spoon, and then I will buy pounds of it, like I do for coffee.

Suggestions?

There are several candidates. I suggest trying the black peppercorn sampler pack. It is verypopular for first time customers.

Bruce

My favorite from Pepper Passion has always been their Talamanca del Caribe (the black, not the white), a variety that was sold only by Pepper Passion. Unfortunately, it's no longer available and apparently never will be again, or at least not for a long while -- according to Bruce the only plantation that grew it was sold and plowed under for some reason. I still have a pound or two in the pantry, but I'm going to switch to the Tellicherry for my next order.

When I first tried Tellicherry years ago I got my socks knocked off. Until today though, I thought I was rembering it wrong because all of the Tellicherry I've bought in the last few years have been somewhat lifeless. Well let me tell you that this stuff from Pepper Passion is VERY nice - well worth the modest price asked. Only problem is now I want to try the other stuff they carry.

:headbang: Pepper Passion
:headbang:

Thanks to you guys who recommended them. :thumbsup:

Dave

I'm thinking about what I can eat that I can sprinkle some more pepper passion onto. Cheesteak comes to mind....mmmm...cheesesteak.... :hungry:

Mmmhh, I would love a good cheese steak right now.

Stefan

Get some really sweet cantaloupe and grind fresh pepper on that. It's simple and very tasty, and once you grind the fresh stuff on it you'll always do it.

k.

What's wrong with you people? Why do you keep showing me things that I need to buy???

I'm so glad there aren't more of the Modena mills in the limited edition section - if the white/black ebony were in modena, I would be a poorer man right now

Take another look. I have set posted there and they are on the shelf ready to ship. Not only that, I reduced the price recently. So what are you waiting for?

Bruce

Bruce is an evil man Tristan, don't let him steal your knife money ;)

I still have some of my tellicherry... but I want more....

Back