Personal Gear Sale, Continued....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, guys. I have a knife that I intended on selling a long time ago (two months, or so) that I've been just hanging onto. A friend of mine is wanting to move a Aritsugu A-Type 8" chef knife that has just begun to be "reworked" as they tend to be by guys here. It's pretty much brand new, minus the beginnings of some thinning/sharpening, so it's in a sense ahead of the game.

I believe they sell for around $140, so we are looking for a fair price on it...maybe $125, or so. I'll cover the shipping. I can get pics tomorrow, but it's basically an A-Type. These are really cool knives, and I feel awful about not tackling this project for him, as I had intended.

Thanks guys.

Also, try to talk me out of my ZKramer, and any other knives you are interested in. It might be time to thin the herd.

Ive always been interested in thoes a-types but never had a chance to pay w/ one and theres not room on the wall.

Id be happy to thin and refinish it for either your friend or the new buyer.

Sounds great, assuming the buyer is ok with it! That's a generous offer, and it would be cool for everyone. I dropped the ball on this one. The fact of the matter is I'm focused on my saya and accessories, when I'm not thinking about my wife and our little family, so this slipped through the cracks.

I will also be making a conscious effort to post AT LEAST one or two new items on my site, per week, so start looking back at that old thing on Tuesday.

Sounds great, assuming the buyer is ok with it! That's a generous offer, and it would be cool for everyone. I dropped the ball on this one. The fact of the matter is I'm focused on my saya and accessories, when I'm not thinking about my wife and our little family, so this slipped through the cracks.

I will also be making a conscious effort to post AT LEAST one or two new items on my site, per week, so start looking back at that old thing on Tuesday.

I know how it is and I don't think that you should beat yourself up for not beating yourself up grinding on this knife. Does your friend definitely want to sell it, or would they consider keeping it it it actually performed well?

Ok, guys. The A-Type is heading to my man Justin, for some refinishing/thinning, and then it'll be available for $115, shipped from him (I'll cover that, Justin)...unless he ends up wanting to keep it for himself, of course. :D

Also, I am planning on having a bit of a firesale soon. If you know of a piece that I own, and you really really want it, just let me know. I might - just might part with anything....

Also, my site will have two new knives as of Tuesday. :D

Thanks, as always, guys.

Lefty has to make room for his new Calphalon Katana chefs knife.

:D Hey, I want a beater that makes me think of the old days. Besides, they take a sweet edge!

Dick! Haha

Waiting on pics of the A-type. I told my cousin I'd get her a knife for her wedding and this seems perfect :biggrin:

If by some chance your friend and Justin both pass on the A-type, this longtime lurker will gladly buy it. I'll even pass it around if there is interest.

Dude, if you go Knuckleduster on us, you won't be allowed at the lunch table anymore....

This would earn him an atomic wedgie:

25407.jpg

Knuckleduster, you say? Ouch!

Nah, I'm just trying to streamline a few things, and I have a few cool things "coming out my pipe" (I think that's what OD said). :D I'm raising funds for a big "project" that I've been gearing up for, for a couple years. :D

Knuckleduster, you say? Ouch!

Nah, I'm just trying to streamline a few things, and I have a few cool things "coming out my pipe" (I think that's what OD said). :D I'm raising funds for a big "project" that I've been gearing up for, for a couple years. :D

Gender reassignment?

Any pettys? Either double beveled or lefties. I might be interested when I know what you have available for what price.

If you don't like posting that here, a PM is always welcome.

Guys, I got caught up with playing in my shop, today and no knives will be listed until Thursday (but then it'll happen, I promise!)

The good new is, I got some glue-ups done, the handle I showed you on the other thread, and I even took time to take this:

50231E77-1B61-46A6-9AAE-707F7CC6C8ED-492-00000046F5307368_zps2fd7c45c.jpg

And turn it into this:

644CEC21-5AE0-451D-AE58-F14D3658585B-492-00000047608F37A4_zpscb830e26.jpg

It might need some thinning, but it's actually pretty thin, as is. It's now an antique French 200mm petty.

you sure it's French, looks very Sheffield to me. There was some crossover in design but, that bird's head looks very British.

You know what, Son... I'm not sure, to be honest. The reason I assumed French is because the HT is rather, let's say, ummm, French. The Old Sheffields I've had were all tough as nails, and felt much harder on the stones. Hmmmm....

Can't wait to see what is offered. I'm looking for anything by Mario - been on his list for 10 months and every time he shows a new knife I'm amazed. A DT would be cool too!

Only one DT... No Marios, unfortunately.

Well...............
..........it's Thursday!
............not that I'm in the market to buy anything, but I'm just curious.
And I'm giving you a hard time as well.
Well?

I'm in the same position as chris, I'm not in the market, but I'm still curious. Unless you have a sexy western deba, then I may be swayed. What's taking so long Tom? it's already 10am :D

Yeah Tim,
I mean Tom,
We all know you've already been up for at least 6 hours already.
What gives?

Latest posts

Back