Possible pass around!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for Jim in NYC, a bow and arrow would raise more eyebrows than the sound of gunfire. But hopefully there are no bears wandering around Manhattan.

Well for Jim in NYC, a bow and arrow would raise more eyebrows than the sound of gunfire. But hopefully there are no bears wandering around Manhattan.

A couple of years ago a Tiger got loose from a circus....:scared1:

Damasteel:

52073_700b.jpg

i have cut up veggies for a couple meals, so far. it's a nice knife. my initial reaction upon looking at it was that it was a bit thick behind the edge, but i've found that the knife blade is thin enough that it cuts just fine. i'm comparing it to my Hattori FH, mostly. not much more to say until i've spent a few more meals with it.

i've been busy and haven't had a chance to write anything up. the knife goes out to the next person on the list tomorrow, and i'll try to get a review up in the next couple days.

Gentlemen (and ladys if any :) ) The pass around has ended with the safe return of the damasteel gyuto to its birthplace!

I would like to thank everybody who provided reviews, public and private. After a year, it has returned in excellent condition. Thank you all for taking good care of it!

I would now like to offer this knife for sale as a used knife. I will touch up the handle and polish the bolster. There are a few fine scratches on the blade, very minor. I could refinish the blade if requested.

Price new would be $950, sale price $700.

First I'll take it or PM rules! Any extra work will be entertained, but might cost you extra.

And it's all done.
I hope it was as beneficial for you as we had initially dreamed it would be.
Thanks everyone for taking part and thanks Pierre for letting us all use a great knife!

If you are willing to take it as is, make me an offer :) not saying I'll accept, but then again... try me.

Congrats, Pierre and the new owner. I was just about to write you to ask how it was doing, and whether or not it had a new home.

Eamon, I completely agree....

Back