Possible pass around!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a slight change to the routing. One addition, and one subtraction.
Hopefully some of you are ok waiting an extra 10 days!.. Just kidding, it didn't change much for anyone, luckily!

Here's the new list:
1) ME
2) echerub
3) caddy
4) edipisreks
5) Jim
6) mattrud
7) robinw
8) heldentenor
9) bprescot
10) Pensacola Tiger
11) johndoughy
12) Tom V.
13) so_sleepy
14) jbroida
15) chuck239
16) spikec
17) kalaeb
18) Adam
19) spinblue

Dang -- did not make the cut, so will be living through you guys! Looking forward to hearing a bit about one of Pierre's gyutos! :thumbsup:

Wildboar...you did, but I'm an idiot and I missed your name. Man, I suck! Haha
C'mon, it's my first time organizing one of these! Haha
I'll let everyone know where you're going in, in a minute.

Here's the new list:
1) ME
2) echerub
3) caddy
4) edipisreks
5) Jim
6) mattrud
7) robinw
8) wildboar
9) heldentenor
10) bprescot
11) Pensacola Tiger
12) johndoughy
13) Tom V.
14) so_sleepy
15) jbroida
16) chuck239
17) spikec
18) kalaeb
19) Adam
20) spinblue

There, a nice even 20!

Remember the sexy damasteel gyuto we're getting a chance to drool on and put through its paces?
It's getting clooooosssserrrr! :happy1::headbang:

Well, it's a wrap! Got the blade etched yesterday, the bolsters dovetailed and scales fit. Rough shaped last night, and finished sanding and the polish today. I'll get it packed up and off tomorrow, or Tuesday I hope.

Again, thanks to you guys who are willing to help a guy out with your reviews.

Here are a few quick pics...
Picture1579.jpg

Picture1580.jpg

Picture1578.jpg

Picture1577.jpg

Picture1583.jpg

Woooowwwwwwww!
Grey ghost is dead sexy!
Amazing looking knife! It looks so thin!
This is going to be fun!

Is it weird that I posted already? Haha

It reminds me of the P-40 "Flying Tiger"! Very cool!!

Two gyutos side by side would do well comparison wise.

:crying: I have to look forward a good half a year into the future!!
:eek:hmy:

You could always move to the East Coast, Spike! :D

I will just have to be patient. I ain't goin' nowhere!
Portland oregon is north enough, thankyouverymuch!!

Lefty: I look forward to your review on this coming weekend. Im VERY interested in the feedbacks on this knife

It will likely be towards the end of my ten days with it to give a fair assessment.
I'm going to put it head to head against my 240mm Misono Swede for EVERYTHING! So far I haven't touched a knife that I like more than it, so it should be a good heavyweight match-up!
I'll let you know my initial impressions upon receiving it, though.

Pierre, do you want this to be an open thread with updated opinions and critiques? My only concern would be swaying the opinions of others before they get a chance to see what they really think about it.
However, open discussion will make this more interactive, and keep it more along the lines that we are all used to.

That's the pass around knife?!?!?!?!?!?! your crazy pierre! and I love you for it!

Thanks Mattrud! I... hmmmm... like.... it that you.... love me??? :D :D And yes. Crazier than a sh!t house rat I beleive!!

Now in all seriousness. Lefty, yes please, an open comment/discussion/critique is good. As I said, this is a newer steel in the kitchen, I took the HT to a point that should be the right ballance between hardness and toughness (says he wipeing the sweat from his brow) I would like to know if this is a steel worth persueing, how it is on stones ( as of yet I don't use stones ) Geometry, profile, handle everything basicly.

Thanks Mattrud! I... hmmmm... like.... it that you.... love me??? :D :D And yes. Crazier than a sh!t house rat I beleive!!

Now in all seriousness. Lefty, yes please, an open comment/discussion/critique is good. As I said, this is a newer steel in the kitchen, I took the HT to a point that should be the right ballance between hardness and toughness (says he wipeing the sweat from his brow) I would like to know if this is a steel worth persueing, how it is on stones ( as of yet I don't use stones ) Geometry, profile, handle everything basicly.

hahaha, this is very exciting I will say. I like it that you are trying something completely new for you on kitchen knives. Can not wait to play around with it.

If by any chance I get the knive near the date for the ECG I would bring it along to show around.

If by any chance I get the knive near the date for the ECG I would bring it along to show around.

It might be worthwhile to juggle your position in the list to make that happen. I'd guess Pierre would like for everyone there to have an opportunity to see this knife.

Just my two cents.

We can figure something out...
I can't find the date for the ECG for some reason. We'll run with it and make sure it makes an appearance.
Jim, we'll get it to you for that date, if everyone else is good with that!
So, when is the gathering?

Ohh man, I don't know if I can wait. I may have to order one now. That is some serious attention to detail, simply beautiful handle work.

Back