Revised D-Shape Handle Design

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kid
135mm petty in 52100 w/ cocobolo, buffalo horn, and nickel silver spacer handle

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Sweet little knife. First time I've seen your logo on your work. Looks like the etching came out really nice.

For me look of a knife is just as important as performance, though I am probably in minority.

M

Doubt it, looks are important. I really like the petty you just posted. I really like octagon on bigger knives, but for some reason think I would prefer D handles on smaller knives like pettys.

When you first posted this I really didn't understand what the differences were. I started looking at some of my newer acquisitions and realized the knives I have been using are more of the d shape, and am hating the oct. handle. And it turns out that is the whole difference for me. Love your work too.

If you get tired of knives, you could always become a pro photographer.
Very well done photos.

BTW: the knives look great too.

If you get tired of knives, you could always become a pro photographer.
Very well done photos.

BTW: the knives look great too.

You would laugh if you saw my setup, but thanks for the compliment everybody.

M

It's not the setup, butt what you do with it!

I keep coming back to look at these handles.
The fit and finish looks great.
What really catches my eye are the ridge on one side and the taper at the front.
To me that gives the handles a refined look. I am assuming they give a more comfortable grip as well.

The commercially produced D handles I have seen, have just looked like a misshapen piece of dowel.

I have been using mine (180mm Gyuto) for 3 days now. I can say without reservation that the D handle is extremely comfortable and is nothing like a commercially produced D shape. The ridge is subtle and didn't even bother me too much when I tried it in my left hand for fun. :biggrin:. I will be posting a review after I have used it for a little while longer.

Back