Roll Call for 2016 ECG (May 15)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not traveling all the way from Little Rock to attend this, I assume?

Indeed I am. Thus, the improbably part.

However, you neglected the important part of the post...chili oil??

Very much so!!! So glad to hear you are making it and am looking forward to some stories about Danny - if you are up for it.

Be careful what you wish for...

And, as long as I get stories in return!! :)

I sent out event info emails earlier tonight. If you are interested in attending the ECG and did not receive an email please PM me your email address. The count is now in the 40s!

Cool, I look forward to meeting everybody.

Stefan

FUN FACT OF THE DAY

Three(!) ECG attendees work in the kitchen for a chef that just won a James Beard Award! Maybe you guys can eat there now without having to wait in line for 2 hours? :)

I believe that I will be able to attend. Thanks for the invite.

Russell

This sounds like a lot of fun maybe next year i could make it

Now that we are fast approaching the ECG I wanted to remind people that while you do not need to bring any food as there is usually plenty of both food and drink, if you are planning on bringing something it would be helpful for us to know so that we do not have a lot of overlap.

So far it looks like the main course proteins are covered although if you have a favorite dish let us know. So far we have members bringing fish which will be grilled on site, chips, sodas, beer, coleslaw, BBQ sauce, Gimbap (a Korean sushi), charcutiere, baked beans, and jerky.

Don't be hesitant to bring something because there will be a few chefs wandering around. I have it from more than one source that they are just happy to not have to be cooking anything;).

Looking forward to seeing every one this weekend!
Bill

PS - Any mistakes in the above message are because I've been sick all week and my head feels like it's full of cotton;).

New
You can bet your sweet fannies I'll be there.

I just received a gyuto from Mert Tansu a couple days ago that he sent just for the ECG. I gave it a quick whirl at work and let me tell you, ECG is in for a treat! Just when I thought Mert's work was top notch, he goes and raises the bar. Again.

Haven't purchased a knife in a while, but that may be changing. Thanks, Mert.

Assuming no loss from breakage, I've got about 6 pints of what I will call a 'pan-asia' chili oil up for use and/or taking. Tried a couple of new things with this batch. I hope it's tasty, and I can guarantee it's got HEAT! [emoji4]

If I make it I'll hopefully have some homebrew IPA to bring

Sashimi grade fish? But where oh where will we find appropriate knives to cut it up???

Honestly, this is shaping up to be a fantastic gathering.

I'm bringing some grouper to grill and some Hamachi to slice.

i am racing back home tomorrow night to make it to ECG , Hopefuly i see everyone on sunday . only 12 hour drive from Nashville .

All of this fish talk... anyone have a poly board they can bring to aid in the slicing? The one we have is small and pretty crappy, as most times the wife buys fillets. One of these days i have to get a reasonably-sized board for breaking down fish for her. Oh, and I have to learn how to break down the fish, too :O

Back