Shigefusa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most beautiful knife i ever seen !!! :shocked3:

Only 1 in stock and its not cheap :D

300mm Hamokiri

P1000478.jpgP1000479.jpgP1000480.jpgP1000481.jpgP1000482.jpgP1000487.jpg

Shigefusa 180mm Kasumi Deba is also now in stock Only 2 left

Beautiful, but are there uses for it other than chopping eel?

If you like big single beveled knives then this can be all around knife
Becoase Shigefusa makes single beveled so thin this one can slice dice and be all around
Heal high is 60mm So it is like Huge Usuba :D

Video of this beauty is up :)

[video=youtube;Y0u81ZtqHjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y0u81ZtqHjE[/video]

Very nice.
A lefty version of that would suit me just fine..

Hehe i know :D
But you still have some knives from me on order, i hope they will be finished soon ;)

If you like big single beveled knives then this can be all around knife
Becoase Shigefusa makes single beveled so thin this one can slice dice and be all around
Heal high is 60mm So it is like Huge Usuba :D

Video of this beauty is up :)

[video=youtube;Y0u81ZtqHjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y0u81ZtqHjE[/video]

Hey Chanop, maybe you can put the voucher you won towards buying this knife... Then maybe one day I can come and visit it :)!haha

Hej Maxim,

I was wondering how often do you update your Shig. "limited" stocks (I would love to get my hands on a Gyuto)... I didn't buy one after your return from japan as I have other priorities at the moment...

mvh

Vangelis

PS1. I know you are having a mailing list (I am into it)
PS2. are you planning for another Dk gathering?

First time Sneak peek about Next Shigefusa subscription Email :razz:

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

Emails will be send tomorrow :D

Next subscription letter needs more 240mm kasumi western gyutos... :2cents: ;D

Good to see the cool little single bevel fish knife making its way back
ku_petty1.jpg

I have waited for them long time, they are the coolest pettys i had except Yoshihide western :D

Good to see the cool little single bevel fish knife making its way back ...

Reading around here a bit, I have never seen this kind of knife mentioned - the fish knife, I think usually called sakana-bocho. I'm guessing it's just a general purpose knife for smaller fish and for fileting. Doesn't look as thick (prices reflect this) compared to a miorishi, let alone a deba. Much like the nakiri is sort of the easy home-use version of a usuba, I'm wondering if this is the low-cost home option for people who don't want to get a deba, yanagiri, etc. Has anyone used one?

Hello Maxim - are saying that to you, these knives can basically be used as petties?

Now part of regular setup :D :happymug:

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

That's the JNS 6000, right? Do they a natural only as the finisher?

I did try outdoor, but i think in the dark with black background and light i have better results.
Need to find out how they take photos of Katana :nunchucks:

They use a light box. I used to have one I built, but it got broken in a move and I haven't made one since. Basically you use 8 side outlet 90° bends, and connect them with PVC pipe in whatever dimensions you want your box to be (24" square box = 24" pipe). You then use the box as a frame for your backdrop and diffusers (I used a black microfiber 'throw' blanket for a background and white sheets for light diffusers). At that point add your lights, and take your pictures from a hole you cut in the front of the box (this keeps the steel from reflecting YOU lol). The black and white really seemed to bring out hamon activity (others have used it to bring out layered activity in tamahagane...much like your 'clouds') in steel.

Here's a quick wiki tutorial I found, only they're using a cardboard box. I like the PVC better because its modular...you can have three different sized light boxes by just cutting different length pipes.

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox

Hope that helps!

They use a light box. I used to have one I built, but it got broken in a move and I haven't made one since. Basically you use 8 side outlet 90° bends, and connect them with PVC pipe in whatever dimensions you want your box to be (24" square box = 24" pipe). You then use the box as a frame for your backdrop and diffusers (I used a black microfiber 'throw' blanket for a background and white sheets for light diffusers). At that point add your lights, and take your pictures from a hole you cut in the front of the box (this keeps the steel from reflecting YOU lol). The black and white really seemed to bring out hamon activity (others have used it to bring out layered activity in tamahagane...much like your 'clouds') in steel.

Here's a quick wiki tutorial I found, only they're using a cardboard box. I like the PVC better because its modular...you can have three different sized light boxes by just cutting different length pipes.

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox

Hope that helps!

That's the JNS 6000, right? Do they a natural only as the finisher?

Yeah :D and then Natural
That Ohira you see in the picture with huge digged out line

IMG_2250.jpg

Latest posts

Back