Shigefusas at Rakuten

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was eyeing the KK 180 usuba in April, it's really nice. I'll have a look at the deba next month. Thanks!

Just got an email from Takashi saying he's on vacation until the 23rd and doesn't know how many Shigs are still in stock... anyone else get a confirmation like this yet?

Just got an email from Takashi saying he's on vacation until the 23rd and doesn't know how many Shigs are still in stock... anyone else get a confirmation like this yet?

I have received 2 total, the first was from order@ and the 2nd was from [email protected] of the second email was in characters that I couldn't read. :O

Mine just confirmed my order and said he would send it out when he returned on the 24th.

It said 3 yanagis left as well, once I went through the checkout process, it said 2 left. But then I got that email saying he doesn't know what's left... I just hope my dreams aren't crushed ha :(

Has anyone here had further news? I haven't heard back but just had twice the amount of the knife I bought taken from my account...

Now going back to the site most of the knives are back for sale again. I'm getting a bad feeling...

Has anyone here had further news? I haven't heard back but just had twice the amount of the knife I bought taken from my account...

Now going back to the site most of the knives are back for sale again. I'm getting a bad feeling...

I just received an email saying that mine had shipped, might want to shoot them an email.

I got an email stating that he was having a tough time running my card. I haven't checked the total yet.

Just called my bank, I got charged 2 times from them over 2 days... I emailed Takashi, hoping this gets fixed soon.

Got an email today confirming the order and shipping fee. He asked to send PP payment to his email.

I got an email saying he'd ship my item today. But he hasn't responded to the email I sent about the double payment. I wish I had gone through Paypal.

Takashi emailed me yesterday, saying my Shig had shipped and gave me the tracking number.

He then followed up with another email saying the first price was charged and then refunded, then a second price was charged with a little bit more for shipping added. My bank just hasn't sorted it out yet, due to the weekend.

So, I feel like a bit of a spaz...

Takashi emailed me yesterday, saying my Shig had shipped and gave me the tracking number.

He then followed up with another email saying the first price was charged and then refunded, then a second price was charged with a little bit more for shipping added. My bank just hasn't sorted it out yet, due to the weekend.

I had the same issue with my card rejection that it went on both cards but was immediately reversed out today and low and behold the knife arrived today also. Amazingly fast shipping on that one and it was nicely gift wrapped. The final price ended up $10 cheaper after international shipping was added. All in all a good experience with Takashi.

I have bashed the USPS in the recent past and I will state that it was shipped via USPS Global services and showed up without a dent in the box. So I will add a +1 to their column for the time being.

I am on the fence of weather to get the Santouku, or the Nikiri. I just am not sure how much I will be using the Nikiri if I get it.

The gyuto is to small for my, I know I wont use it at all. So it is out.

I have tried ordering from Rakuten before and also found the payment system confusing.Click on the link and look at the petty-the translation states it has forge haemorrhoids - is this a knife makers injury?

Try to understand what the author tried to express, not direct exact translation to English.

You need to keep track of holidays in Japan, as on those days the store is closed and Takashi won't respond.

From my experience, he shipped very promptly, and there was no issues whatsoever, so deal without worries.

M

You need to keep track of holidays in Japan, as on those days the store is closed and Takashi won't respond.

From my experience, he shipped very promptly, and there was no issues whatsoever, so deal without worries.

M

Takashi actually did respond personally which I thanked him for knowing that he was on vacation. As I stated, I have no complaints whatsoever.

In the end, I had a very good experience. I just freaked out when $1100 went out of my account and the emails I got from Rakuten were in complete Japanese.

Takashi did respond quickly and shipped very fast. Happy with my Shig!

Takashi did respond quickly and shipped very fast. Happy with my Shig!

+1

Nice that it all worked out. My experience was pleasant other than the initial weirdness of ordering and a few emails that were a little confusing. Looks like quite a few knives left, surprising that they have had as many as they have and they have been able to keep them in stock for a couple weeks now. Either way, overall good experience and the knife is quite nice as well (KU santoku).

Four more 240 kasumi wa-gyuto's are available there now...

Back