Shout-out to CKTG

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
different popcorn recipe:
no butter, use canola or peanut oil.

fresh chopped dill
onion powder
cracked peppercorn medley (the mccormack kind is great for this as it also has coriander seeds)
grated aged white cheddar
grated parm
fine lemon zest

I love popcorn so much I have a 16 oz Gold Medal machine with Coconut popping oil. Never have gotten tired of good old butter or good butter flavored topping.
I do like to add a mixture of Jalapeno powder and flavacol but be careful with pepper powder on hot popcorn, it will clean your sinuses if you're not used to it!:shocked3:
Other flavors I've tried are just novelties to me.

Glen

nice looking popper GLE1952...where does one find Jalepeno powder?

Seriously, what are you talking about? Last time you said I was vendor. I think you have me confused with someone else. Again, ALL I WAS DOING WAS MAKING A POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT THE LACK OF MUDSLINGING. I thought it was nice to see.

-AJ
Second that. Ajhuff was making a very useful and welcome comment.

Anybody tried popping sorghum...very small, very tasty, though only yields about 65% (but worth it!)

-Michael

I like popped sorghum a lot. We'd do a poppycock with it and sesame brickle. Good stuff!

I dont really understand how mods are allowing that and why? 10 pages about nothing at all. Post count is impotrtant again or?

You dont like ChefKnivesFromLame.com website, and Shaun Paraolympic Video Sharpening service? How many here shout out loud about how lame he is and then buy from his shop to save few bucks/whatever other reason.
He really has better selection? I just dont check the website, so dont know. Simple as it is.

I see internet as a way to help me contacting a vendor, for example theres one nearby, in Danmark. NOW, I cannot fly in every time to buy something, but I consider internet a medium helping me feel, like I indeed was in his real life shop. And these arent cheapest either.

Ok I just read this thread and the last few pages threw me off.....is popcorn talk just way to kill a thread, or am I missing something? I know I was gone for some time and my thinking might be a little slow still but if I'm right wouldn't continuously posting be counter productive because it will just keep bumping the thread back to top?

That sad the question you should all ask yourself is would you be ok with your kids having a sleep over with Mark and Ken? Didn't think so,

well the post was supposed to be about the konosuke hd funi and dannyNYCs cktg shopping experience i guess, then we got sidetracked discussing the AS richmond "laser", no chop made a popcorn joke in reference to the hijacking of the thread. a few pages later i resurrected the popcorn discussion because frankly i would rather discuss popcorn than bicker over different interpretations of ajhuffs comments. sorry mods.

I think what we've witnessed could called a 'Popcorn Protest'. Gandhi himself would be proud. I blame Zwiefel who loves his Indian food and is just so darned peaceful!

I think what we've witnessed could called a 'Popcorn Protest'. Gandhi himself would be proud. I blame Zwiefel who loves his Indian food and is just so darned peaceful!

I must say that the popcorn protest was awesome. It spaced out the emotions a bit, and it is really hard to make a charged statement after talk of popcorn. Brilliant.

I don't mean to take away from valid points and opinions but sometimes a thread gains a bit too much negative energy and a reboot is necessary. With that said, it is just time now before CKTG starts selling popcorn.

k.

Perhaps the popcorn protest could become official practice? I've noticed some censorship and things like frozen threads, etc, even grave references to member bans. But now, things get out of hand again, people will know they'll face the popcorn protest. Be careful!

I was somewhat dismayed at the derailment of the origional post topic, and deferred responding because it just draaaaags... but all is not lost. I always thought popcorn meant "here we go, let's watch the show."

I'm the OP. I took a weekend off from this forum and holy s**t -- what have I wrought? Apologies one more time for stirring the pot. I truly had no idea of the experiences people have had.

I sure did learn a lot about popcorn though!

The knife arrived Friday. First impressions are very good. I've been crazy busy, but I promise to post photos and a mini-review as soon as I have time.

post away OP!

no worries danny, what's important is the knife. i couldn't care about the seller. knives are the reason why we are all here. that we can all agree on.

Hey - I've had great service from M*** so no ill will here. Just sayin' that if it looks like a scab . . . don't pick it.

I must say that the popcorn protest was awesome. It spaced out the emotions a bit, and it is really hard to make a charged statement after talk of popcorn. Brilliant.

I don't mean to take away from valid points and opinions but sometimes a thread gains a bit too much negative energy and a reboot is necessary. With that said, it is just time now before CKTG starts selling popcorn.

k.

Funny that's kind of what I thought was going on, now it has a catchy name...Love it! Long live "The Popcorn Protest"
I'm saying it now, I'm saying it here, this could go viral...years from now all around the world people will be using it and it all started right here, kind of cool.

Having purchased a range of knives including Takeda and Konosuke from cktg I have had nothing but excellent service; I will certainly be using them again. The hijacking of threads is increasing on this forum and whilst it is clearly ammusing to a warped few, is frankly not constructive or helpful and puts people off from using this group for its intended purpose. Best, Bryan

Having purchased a range of knives including Takeda and Konosuke from cktg I have had nothing but excellent service; I will certainly be using them again. The hijacking of threads is increasing on this forum and whilst it is clearly ammusing to a warped few, is frankly not constructive or helpful and puts people off from using this group for its intended purpose. Best, Bryan
Oh come on man. Hell isn't going to freeze over because we discussed popcorn and the AS richmand "laser". At least we can have a honest open discussion here about knives, which is more than what I can say about the CKTG forum.

Oh really?

4287_2144_hell-freezes-over.jpeg

Oh come on man. Hell isn't going to freeze over because we discussed popcorn and the AS richmand "laser". At least we can have a honest open discussion here about knives, which is more than what I can say about the CKTG forum.

Not to start another war here, but I do find the hijacking of posts to be problematic, but for a very practical reason that some may not have considered. We are all familiar with the phenomenon of people starting new threads asking questions that have been addressed dozens of times already on this forum, and we have probably all wished at least once that someone had done a bit of searching the forum before starting a new thread. But as someone who has tried to do this before, when I see a topic about, say, "sharpening advice," and it has 10 pages of comments, half of which are about the virtues of, say, white #1 vs. white #2 after someone has hijacked the thread, I am not going to spend the time reading that post, because the time involved cannot be justified given how many of the comments have nothing to do with the title of the post and the subject I want to research. For the sake of archiving/searching, therefore, I do think it would be more appropriate for people who want to discuss something unrelated or only tangentially related to the topic introduced by the OP to simply start their own thread.

Just my 2 cents. And this of course does not apply to the Popcorn Protest, which I agree was brilliant.

I keep typing paragraphs, and end up self censoring, hence the popcorn jargon...

But I will say this; Movie theater popcorn in bags ticks me off. $9 and I can't get a bucket? What the ???

popcorn_10000.jpg

Not to start another war here, but I do find the hijacking of posts to be problematic, but for a very practical reason that some may not have considered. We are all familiar with the phenomenon of people starting new threads asking questions that have been addressed dozens of times already on this forum, and we have probably all wished at least once that someone had done a bit of searching the forum before starting a new thread. But as someone who has tried to do this before, when I see a topic about, say, "sharpening advice," and it has 10 pages of comments, half of which are about the virtues of, say, white #1 vs. white #2 after someone has hijacked the thread, I am not going to spend the time reading that post, because the time involved cannot be justified given how many of the comments have nothing to do with the title of the post and the subject I want to research. For the sake of archiving/searching, therefore, I do think it would be more appropriate for people who want to discuss something unrelated or only tangentially related to the topic introduced by the OP to simply start their own thread.

Just my 2 cents. And this of course does not apply to the Popcorn Protest, which I agree was brilliant.

I have to agree to an extent. On some of the other forums it has become almost impossible to sort through the garbage and find the simple piece of information you were searching for in the first place. However, most of the time on this forum, we do at least keep the derailing to a minimun and even then it's usually within context.

That being said...I agree with NO ChoP!, why can't we get a BUCKET of popcorn for $9...and what ticks me off even more is the fact that they never stock the napkins...no wonder movie theater seats feel like lube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back