Show me your racks!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've posted it somewhere else before, but I love it so much, so...
IMG_6158.JPG

My favorite rack will forever be Matteo’s duct taped phone books with like 50 knives stuffed into them. God I wish I could find a photo of that.
I seem to recall a phone book set up by Matteo too but can't find it either. I've even passed on the idea to friends without knife blocks. Found some similar posts though.
I know it s not a knife but it s really cool.
This is my new knives block.
Made of old cookery book, can hold up to 25 knives and it cost me 10 dollars.
I bought the books from a second hand shop.

View attachment 32961

View attachment 32962

View attachment 32963

View attachment 32964

Using old cook books... utilitarian and inspirational!

Then there's this in the background when posting his HSC/// in BST:

1671834401020.png

I seem to recall a phone book set up by Matteo too but can't find it either. I've even passed on the idea to friends without knife blocks. Found some similar posts though.

Using old cook books... utilitarian and inspirational!

Then there's this in the background when posting his HSC/// in BST:

View attachment 215734
I seem to remember some pictures from that old knife group-chat we were all in. Must have been 4+ years ago at this point. But yeah- that’s it!! I mean there’s gotta be 50 knives in there 😂

Show me your knife racks!

Okey kkf. Im looking to make or buy a really cool knife rack. But im out of ideas. And I can't seem to find any cool ones online. So show me your knife rack or how you store your knives. Give me some inspiration please 🙏
Show me your knife racks!

Okey kkf. Im looking to make or buy a really cool knife rack. But im out of ideas. And I can't seem to find any cool ones online. So show me your knife rack or how you store your knives. Give me some inspiration please 🙏
Nothing exotic, but these are the knives that get the heaviest use/rotation in our house.
I love having them readily available.
Every one of these knives feels perfect for the task at hand when I pick them up.
The Bunka gets a lot more love than the Miyabi Chef's knife..I may swap it out at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_3756.JPG
    IMG_3756.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
Holy Cow Fred! This is freaking amazing. You need to sell me some of those.
That picture was taken some time last year. Actually. 10 of them are already residing in new homes. Since then. I built another one that holds 12 knives. Every slot on both racks is full.

And I have 3 down in the shop I am working on...
And my work bag is full...

I might have a problem 🤔

Did you make this?
Are there magnets in the verticals?
I did make it. Yes, each post on the blade side bar has a magnet that is strong enough to offer a little hold on the blade through the wood of the saya. I put a little piece of cork on top of the magnet to protect naked blades.

20220509_175829.jpg

Some beautiful racks. Mine is quite basic but the magnet is super strong.

Attachments

• 20240112_084817.jpg
    20240112_084817.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240112_084553.jpg
    20240112_084553.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back