Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heart the strainer. Rosle products that I use on the daily include the 6 and 9 inch tongs (of course) plating tongs, the "Y" peeler, a small flat whisk and the strainer.

Just got these Rösle fine tip tongs. Has anyone used these before was curious cause they seem like a mix of tongs and tweezers/chopsticks.

Attachments

• IMG_4099.jpeg
    IMG_4099.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4100.jpeg
    IMG_4100.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
They're great for looking cheffy while you roll them in spaghetti!

For what it's worth I do like it more than the 'regular' Rösle tongs because it doesn't have a useless locking mechanism!

Last October, I bought two wireless thermometers/hygrometers. The model is H5179001 from Govee.

IMG_6484.jpg

The device has an edge length of about 7 cm and requires three AA batteries (which I have not yet had to replace after five months). It comes with Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.

One of the devices is in my wine cellar; the other is in my second fridge in the garage. The fridge doesn't have an open door alarm (and I probably wouldn't hear an alarm from there anyway). I make my salami and dry-aged meats in that fridge, so a device like this was in order to keep an eye things anyway.

From within the closed stainless steel fridge over Bluetooth, the range is about 6 meters. My WLAN router is about 10 meters away and the device connects over WiFi without any problems, even though there are two walls in the way.

I have compared the thermometer with several other digital ones that I have in the house. The temperature is very accurate, with a maximum deviation of 0.1 ºC. The hygrometer is also sufficiently accurate (±3º after calibration).

Of course, it comes with an app (Apple iOS in my case) that you use to connect and monitor the device. Setting up the app and connecting the devices is absolute child's play: insert the batteries and that's it.

In the app you can see the temperature and humidity as a graph over different time periods:

IMG_C5534997A3B6-1.jpeg

You can also set up alarms for temperature and humidity and calibrate the device for both measured values.

IMG_6483.PNG

Overall, I am very satisfied with the devices. They work absolutely reliably, the alarm function triggers within a few seconds, and thanks to the WLAN connection you can see what's happening even when you're not at home.

Anyone who has a wine cellar, dry aging cabinet or similar will probably appreciate this gizmo. At €30 the price is quite reasonable.

I'd happily spend that 30 quid for the pleasure of having a wine cellar or dry aging cabinet...somehow building cellars has gone out of fashion....we could not get the developer to build us one.

Seems like a great little device, we used the INKBIRD ones with a probe for our cheesecave that needed humidity control for the initial aging that was a converted mini fridge. Probe compressed through the fridge seal just fine, but for any form of larger scale or higher end build I think Bluetooth would be awesome

Last October, I bought two wireless thermometers/hygrometers. The model is H5179001 from Govee.

View attachment 306484

The device has an edge length of about 7 cm and requires three AA batteries (which I have not yet had to replace after five months). It comes with Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.

One of the devices is in my wine cellar; the other is in my second fridge in the garage. The fridge doesn't have an open door alarm (and I probably wouldn't hear an alarm from there anyway). I make my salami and dry-aged meats in that fridge, so a device like this was in order to keep an eye things anyway.

From within the closed stainless steel fridge over Bluetooth, the range is about 6 meters. My WLAN router is about 10 meters away and the device connects over WiFi without any problems, even though there are two walls in the way.

I have compared the thermometer with several other digital ones that I have in the house. The temperature is very accurate, with a maximum deviation of 0.1 ºC. The hygrometer is also sufficiently accurate (±3º after calibration).

Of course, it comes with an app (Apple iOS in my case) that you use to connect and monitor the device. Setting up the app and connecting the devices is absolute child's play: insert the batteries and that's it.

In the app you can see the temperature and humidity as a graph over different time periods:

View attachment 306485

You can also set up alarms for temperature and humidity and calibrate the device for both measured values.

View attachment 306486

Overall, I am very satisfied with the devices. They work absolutely reliably, the alarm function triggers within a few seconds, and thanks to the WLAN connection you can see what's happening even when you're not at home.

Anyone who has a wine cellar, dry aging cabinet or similar will probably appreciate this gizmo. At €30 the price is quite reasonable.
I have probably 25 Govee thermometer/hygrometers, some with displays, some exactly like yours, and some a bit smaller than yours. I really like them. As you say, battery life is good, accuracy is good, and they work flawlessly with HomeAssistant.

I use them to do climate control in my house. Average them together for a temperature per floor, and use that value with a virtual thermostat to control my furnace.

So you don’t use refrigeration at all? Just humidity control?
No it’s both. Kind of a sliding scale, more humidity is better for meat, but needs colder temp so it doesn’t mold. Or warmer and drier but faster aging. You can also introduce molds to help inhibit bad ones, eg white mold on salami. The type of meat, size, fat content etc will all change these variables slightly depending what your going for. That’s only if you totally want to nerd out though or need to push something faster, it’s all pretty easy really. You can even get special bags that breath and put meat in bottom of your standard fridge. Results will very based on effort though.

No it’s both. Kind of a sliding scale, more humidity is better for meat, but needs colder temp so it doesn’t mold. Or warmer and drier but faster aging. You can also introduce molds to help inhibit bad ones, eg white mold on salami. The type of meat, size, fat content etc will all change these variables slightly depending what your going for. That’s only if you totally want to nerd out though or need to push something faster, it’s all pretty easy really. You can even get special bags that breath and put meat in bottom of your standard fridge. Results will very based on effort though.
Cool. Thanks for explaining it to me!

Last edited:
I went looking for skewer frame for my Weber Go Anywhere. Even though pretty much every conceivable accessory can be bought for a Go Anywhere, I was out of luck for a skewer frame. In the end, I ordered two stainless steel skewer rails on eBay and bolted them together with stainless steel flat bar and wing nuts to fit the Go Anywhere.

1711200408484.jpeg

The holes in the center of the flat bar allow me to move one of the rails, so I get the right distance for yakitori. The frame sits very firmly on the Go Anywhere. I'm pretty happy with the way that worked out.

1711200519176.jpeg

Finished meal can be seen here.

Last edited:
Back