Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was on hold for me
Well thank you. I asked him when I first saw it on instagram if it had a home and he said it was on hold. Then shortly after that he sent me a message saying it was available and I couldn't pass it up.

I think you will love a custom from Christian. A true artist. Super nice dude too. Hell he was messaging me from the club where he was playing a show with his band.

I am regretting not having him make a custom saya for it now though.

Apparently evening lighting shows the blade much better

IMG_1205.jpeg
IMG_1206.jpeg
IMG_1207.jpeg

left the hobby for a while now but slowly getting back. Lucid knives 210 honyaki gyuto and Indonesia made honyaki gyuto 210 and 2 pettys 150 and 135. Cant believe I paid less than 300 for these 3 knives. Its their first time making a western full tang honyaki gyuto but they pulled it off.

Last edited:
left the hobby for a while now but slowly getting back. Lucid knives 210 honyaki gyuto and Indonesia made honyaki gyuto 210 and 2 pettys 150 and 135. Cant believe I paid less than 300 for these 3 knives. Its their first time making a western full tang honyaki gyuto but they pulled it off.

Welcome back Geoff. What brand are the indonesian honyaki? Steels? Excellent value it seems.

Welcome back Geoff. What brand are the indonesian honyaki? Steels? Excellent value it seems.
Check their insta. Kitcheknives.id . Their prices are way too cheap paid like 130 for the custom gyuto. 50 something for the petty. Seriously better than knives 10x its price. Not perfect but cant complain.the one withe the makers mark is their keskin line is made with 5160 steel the one without the mark is their kanefusa line and they said its made of L6 steel dont know what that is. I read the the guy who makes the keskin line makes swords hence why hes used to making honyakis

Last edited:
Check their insta. Kitcheknives.id . Their prices are way too cheap paid like 130 for the custom gyuto. 50 something for the petty. Seriously better than knives 10x its price. Not perfect but cant complain.the one withe the makers mark is their keskin line is made with 5160 steel the one without the mark is their kanefusa collection and they said its made of L6 steel dont know what that is.

I have a feeling they're about to get real busy!

Info on L6 steel:

https://zknives.com/knives/steels/cyclops_l6.shtml

Shoutout to @Knot Handcrafted for this lovely ~190x35 petty in 52100. I was debating getting a long ashi petty for a while but have been tempted by Michael’s really clean work for a while and finally asked for a custom which has made a lovely first impression. You’d be hard pressed to find cleaner grinds and better fit and finish at his price point anywhere. He also makes some of the nicest handles! Can’t wait to start developing a patina.

IMG_1788.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

Last edited:
Shoutout to @Knot Handcrafted for this lovely ~190x35 petty in 52100. I was debating getting a long ashi petty for a while but have been tempted by Michael’s really clean work for a while and finally asked for a custom which has made a lovely first impression. You’d be hard pressed to find cleaner grinds and better fit and finish at his price point anywhere. Can’t wait to start developing a patina.

View attachment 307440
View attachment 307441
View attachment 307442
View attachment 307444
Is that olive wood on the handle?

Yeah
Shoutout to @Knot Handcrafted for this lovely ~190x35 petty in 52100. I was debating getting a long ashi petty for a while but have been tempted by Michael’s really clean work for a while and finally asked for a custom which has made a lovely first impression. You’d be hard pressed to find cleaner grinds and better fit and finish at his price point anywhere. He also makes some of the nicest handles! Can’t wait to start developing a patina.

View attachment 307440
View attachment 307441
View attachment 307442
View attachment 307444
Glad you like it. I hope it will serve you well. Sorry about the delivery, it looks like UPS is running out of steam these days.

PS the ferrule is made from blackwood

Back