Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, I spend like 72 hours a week between two kitchens with awful florescent lighting, and more time in my car commuting between them than the few hours I actually ever get at home. Don't judge 😂😂😂
I've taken a few pictures inside the car. @captaincaed is a big fan of these kinds of pictures.

NKD. Sea Rose Knifeworks spicy white honyaki 235mm gyuto and a Munetoshi 170mm butchery knife. Thrilled with both of them.

Attachments

• IMG_4700.jpeg
    IMG_4700.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4701.jpeg
    IMG_4701.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4702.jpeg
    IMG_4702.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4704.jpeg
    IMG_4704.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4705.jpeg
    IMG_4705.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4706.jpeg
    IMG_4706.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
@Blank Blades. CPM-4V 67 HRC 225x57mm Righty Hollow Hira (this is a mouthful) with its convex CPM-M4 Sister

IMG_0680.jpg

AAANDDD the choil shot

IMG_0681.jpg

Just did tomorrow's taco prep with it, but
Yes it cuts straight
Yes food release is killer
Yes it cuts large onions without wedging (although i'm told it wedges slightly on carrots)

it even has the single bevel heel grinding similar to high end deba's. I need better pictures but the F&F is out of this world. I was comparing this to my tadokoro deba and found many similarities to the traditional japanese crafts into this knife (i just noticed that my deba also has a hollow hira). Somhow this was adapted into a much more user friendly daily use form. Just thinking of the possibilities of this grind in a more laser form.....

IMG_0686.jpg

@Blank Blades. CPM-4V 67 HRC 225x57mm Righty Hollow Hira (this is a mouthful) with its convex CPM-M4 Sister

View attachment 314023

AAANDDD the choil shot

View attachment 314024

Yes it cuts straight
Yes it cuts large onions without wedging (although i'm told it wedges slightly on carrots)

it even has the single bevel heel grinding similar to high end deba's. I need better pictures but the F&F is out of this world. I was comparing this to my tadokoro deba and found many similarities to the traditional japanese crafts into this knife (i just noticed that my deba also has a hollow hira). Somhow this was adapted into a much more user friendly daily use form. Just thinking of the possibilities of this grind in a more laser form.....

View attachment 314025
Before sending, I did thin it more after that test. Mostly just lessened the convexity of the bevel a bit. After that it went through the carrots much smoother.

Will probably Crack a little on larger ones. And at the heel. But shouldn't any serious wedging.

Before sending, I did thin it more after that test. Mostly just lessened the convexity of the bevel a bit. After that it went through the carrots much smoother.

Will probably Crack a little on larger ones. And at the heel. But shouldn't any serious wedging.

It cut a onion the size of a grapefruit like nothing. The grind must have been finely tuned from a few tests. I can brush everything off of the knife with no stiction.

I was told "I think that's enough onions for tomorrow...." before I stopped prep :)

It cut a onion the size of a grapefruit like nothing. The grind must have been finely tuned from a few tests. I can brush everything off of the knife with no stiction.

I was told "I think that's enough onions for tomorrow...." before I stopped prep :)

~shifts in chair~

View attachment 314023

AAANDDD the choil shot

View attachment 314024

Yes it cuts straight

View attachment 314025
These look very nice. Are they dead flat, and if so, did you specifically ask for that or do they rather come with a long flat spot?

Do you have choil and spine pics? How’s the food release
Here’s choil and spine shots. About as lasery as lasery gets which may or may not be your cup of tea. As for food release and performance here a lil video:

Attachments

• IMG_4090.jpeg
    IMG_4090.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    645.4 KB · Views: 0
20240409_142741.JPG

Do I need two funyaki? Probably not, but when it is only 6000 yen for one, and I get to dethrone @SwampDonkey to become the leader of the cult, it's a no brainer.

On the side note, our Saint is really damn consistent, can't really tell much difference apart with the two funyaki.
20240409_143208.JPG

Now I'm ready for All Shindo September

Last edited:
Back