Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i actually thought i was happy with my current collection and didn’t feel an imminent urge for a new knife….
Then came an IG post and some messages, now i have this beauty from will catcheside in my possession. Yet to use it because it ARM… not the best timing to buy new gyutos😅

InstaView attachment 305963
I had it in my cart but lost it during checkout...now I know who took it!:letseat:

Holy moly, this Heldqvist is spectacular.

IMG_9868.jpeg

Well, i actually thought i was happy with my current collection and didn’t feel an imminent urge for a new knife….
Then came an IG post and some messages, now i have this beauty from will catcheside in my possession. Yet to use it because it ARM… not the best timing to buy new gyutos😅

InstaView attachment 305963
Damn I was trying to get this one! Let me know your thoughts once you've used it! Congrats!

Just came back from Tokyo and picked up my first true Japanese knife. I have a Zwilling Nakiri that I am still trying to learn to love. Wish I had more knowledge when shopping, but I didn't want to overwhelm myself before seeing what they even had in stock. Honestly don't know anything about it other than it's 210mm and a VG10 steel. Used it once and it is absolutely incredible. I strayed away from sharpening after having a painful experience trying to sharpen old knives, but I have a bigger kitchen now so I'll dabble with it once again!

IBHJzc6.jpeg

I recently bought this mini-cleaver from @Phillips.Forged at Primeaux. It’s made out of stonewashed AEBL and measures 111x58. I love this little guy! I know it’ll be getting a lot of use. Beautiful handle, too. View attachment 306846View attachment 306847View attachment 306848View attachment 306849View attachment 306850And the bottle of hot sauce was a nice surprise 😁
I recently bought this mini-cleaver from @Phillips.Forged at Primeaux. It’s made out of stonewashed AEBL and measures 111x58. I love this little guy! I know it’ll be getting a lot of use. Beautiful handle, too. View attachment 306846View attachment 306847View attachment 306848View attachment 306849View attachment 306850And the bottle of hot sauce was a nice surprise 😁
such a handy little piece! hope its just one of many more to come 😁

You all are much better at capturing the details in pics than me.
Christian Dam
260×60 and just nail flexing at the edge. The cladding is a mixture of dirty wrought refined to approximately 50 layers per side, Core steel is 135cr3
Workhorse. Stone polished. The profile is towards the flatter side.
Slight convexity on the bevels and stained Bubinga and Rosewood handle
291Grams and balance point is right on my pinch
Silent carrot cutter. This thing is a beast and I love it. Wasn't looking for another gyuto, but couldn't pass this one up.
CDam10.jpeg
CDam1.jpeg
CDam2.jpeg
CDam4.jpeg
CDam5.jpeg
CDam6.jpeg
CDam7.jpeg

Christian Dam
260×60 and just nail flexing at the edge. The cladding is a mixture of dirty wrought refined to approximately 50 layers per side, Core steel is 135cr3
Silent carrot cutter. This thing is a beast and I love it. Wasn't looking for another gyuto, but couldn't pass this one up.
View attachment 307193View attachment 307194View attachment 307195View attachment 307197View attachment 307198View attachment 307199View attachment 307200
I almost bought that knife! I’d love to know how it performs
I decided to go for a full custom instead

I almost bought that knife! I’d love to know how it performs
I decided to go for a full custom instead
Are you the one it was on hold for at first?
Limited use so far. Carrots, mushrooms and salad. It was sleek and silent on the carrots(just dropped through on the round cuts) and nice slicer on the mushrooms too. Only thing so far that isn't really an issue is the food release due to the high polished bevels. I didn't notice it causing any stiction in cuts though. Really nice and clean, great profile and polished rounded choil and spine. Christian did beautiful work on this one and my pics just don't do it justice. I tried to grab one of his blades 2 years back and missed out. So grabbed a Isasmedjan 213 x 52 instead since I got lucky when he posted it up.
Glad to have gotten one form Christian now too. The size and height is really nice. Balance point is right on perfect. Also from what I have read I am looking forward to the 135cr3 steel. First time for this steel type.

Christian Dam
View attachment 307193View attachment 307194View attachment 307195View attachment 307197View attachment 307198View attachment 307199View attachment 307200
This looks SO prime. Wow

Are you the one it was on hold for at first?
Limited use so far. Carrots, mushrooms and salad. It was sleek and silent on the carrots(just dropped through on the round cuts) and nice slicer on the mushrooms too. Only thing so far that isn't really an issue is the food release due to the high polished bevels. I didn't notice it causing any stiction in cuts though. Really nice and clean, great profile and polished rounded choil and spine. Christian did beautiful work on this one and my pics just don't do it justice. I tried to grab one of his blades 2 years back and missed out. So grabbed a Isasmedjan 213 x 52 instead since I got lucky when he posted it up.
Glad to have gotten one form Christian now too. The size and height is really nice. Balance point is right on perfect. Also from what I have read I am looking forward to the 135cr3 steel. First time for this steel type.
Yes it was on hold for me

Back