Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

I need to get my hands on the finger stones or powder that you use and start trying this sort of thing. Amazing results! Is JNS the best and cheapest vendor?

Not sure about finger stones or powder outside of the fact that tosho powder doesn’t give much contrast. I use king 1000 mud since it’s super affordable, great for touchups on the edge, and does great with most non-PM steels.

New arrival - Isasmedjan 180mm Bunka

IMG_4064.jpeg

Wow!

I need to get my hands on the finger stones or powder that you use and start trying this sort of thing. Amazing results! Is JNS the best and cheapest vendor?
I was quite happy with JNS SiC 1000 powder.

New custom from another french craftsman who gets, IMHO, not enough talks here.

Guirec Peron

Long petty/short suji
220x35
135cr3 honyaki
Burnt juniper wood
Nice taper with a very very thin tip

He did a very nice job on this, this guy was very nice to talk with, very reactive on insta.
I asked for a very thin tip and nice taper and did it very nicely.
The juniper wood is very smooth and feels great in hand.
The balance and the blade shape is good too.
Some pics
View attachment 315452View attachment 315453View attachment 315454View attachment 315455View attachment 315456

Thanks again @Guirec Péron
I’ve been admiring his knives on instagram for some time. Incredible work

So hard to get something from Tobias so I was pretty shocked to see a newer honyaki posted. I have a feeling this is an excellent cutter. Grind is thin but the knife has even balance with a truly sweet handle.

Attachments

• IMG_5467.mov
    33.4 MB
I missed ARM, but I am now ready for LORM (Lots of Rectangle May).

View attachment 316211
Can you please remind me of the maker? I am feeling ashamed. I have seen this makers mark a million times and am just brain farting. This is like the perfect rectangle for me. Actual squared off corners (for the occasional tip work), a little extra long maybe? 180mm instead of 165mm? And that 6ish layer Damascus, so understated and classy compared to what you normally see. Sometimes less is more.

Can you please remind me of the maker? I am feeling ashamed. I have seen this makers mark a million times and am just brain farting. This is like the perfect rectangle for me. Actual squared off corners (for the occasional tip work), a little extra long maybe? 180mm instead of 165mm? And that 6ish layer Damascus, so understated and classy compared to what you normally see. Sometimes less is more.
That’s a Yanick I believe

Recently decided to upgrade my collection and these are the first two. First is a magnacut gyuto that im just breaking in now. Made by @MSicardCutlery and it’s such a pleasure to use! It’s light, nimble, but feels surprisingly substantial in the hand. It’s easily less than half the weight of former daily driver. It’s my first Wa handle, which I’m also loving. And I’ve got a coupe of customs on order which I’m eagerly anticipating.

Second is a paring knife made by Harner. It’s a western style full tang construction, XHP steel. I hated my last paring knife, weird handle, odd angle of attack on the blade that made it awkward to use. This one is so much better. The handle is really nicely shaped, it feels very secure in hand. And of course it works like a dream.

IMG_9532.jpeg
IMG_9537.jpeg
IMG_9406.jpeg
IMG_9533.jpeg

Latest posts

Back