Stefan's Still kickin' - and pics to prove it

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a little about Hawaiian time. :whistling: Daytime and nighttime. Specific days? Who wants to be that constrained? Specific months? That's for paper. Specific years? Depends on the harvest, the tides, the stars...

Look forward to what you post, when you post it.

So, here is one made of a very unusual and rare material - any guesses what it may be? :)

Stefan

image.jpg

Good suggestions, but not quite :)

Stefan

I was almost thinking rotini when I saw it earlier, but thought that was too wild a guess. I think you could probably apply the technique with some various vegetables and make a pretty interesting handle for a Nakiri with a lot of character

Two more finished ones.

oval amboyna with desert ironwood ferrule

old stuff: bog oak, interior mammoth ivory, spacers from NZ kauri and fossil coral. Secured the end pieces with a mosaic pin; should have made a kauri dowel but did not think of that in time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks Karring!

Got one more proof of accomplishment :) Top are custom orders, bottom are 'extras'. May be too many to put them all up individually tomorrow but I will try.

image.jpg

Thanks Karring!

Got one more proof of accomplishment :) Top are custom orders, bottom are 'extras'. May be too many to put them all up individually tomorrow but I will try.
I assume that box is my prize for guessing the handle material pasta! Stefan, I will send you my address where you can send the box incl. ALL handles to! :knife:

Donk. This many handles of such beauty? This is better than when I was a kid and visited a candy store...

I'll be watching your site, Stefan! At this moment it says there are no handles available.

Well, I had good intentions... Lots of work last week, and then I managed to knock myself out with food poisoning over the weekend. I never felt that sick in my life before, really don't recommend it... But I will try put up extra handles in the next few days.

Stefan

Oh man, I haven't had money to afford knives in a while so I stopped coming around KKF because, well, temptation. I ordered a handle from Stefan a little while ago and now I'm just as pumped as I was the day I ordered it. These are amazing. So glad to hear things are improving for you and to see you making progress again. You're an absolute artist.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I still think you are all crazy and I am totally overrated... Maybe I should up my depression medication a bit ;)

Stefan

Back