Takeda: not impressed

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks like a 60/40 bevel and bit thick behind the edge, easy to fix if you have the right machinery, doing it by hand takes a bit longer ;)
i guess it thins out towars it's tip?

the whole guts of the knife would need to be removed to fix it by material removal.

I second the advice to have Jon work on it. His shop is Japanese Knife imports. Better yet take a sharpening class with him. I think it's way too early to give up on the Takeda. Mine is a favorite knife and frankly what others are compared to in my house. I've also learned tons from using it; I began by using only the Takeda in the kitchen for a year and learned about that knife and knife work in general from that discipline. Good luck. Don't give up.

What knife do you actually want? Unless it is a Takeda then just return the knife. I am curious that Takeda would repair rather than just replace. Maybe they are all ground like yours?

I've wanted one for awhile but the price and it being carbon and a wa handle was holding me back. After a forum member sent me a big box of different knives to try out, I fell in love with the wa and carbon. He gifted me the knife and its now a pretty shade of blue :)

I showed my husband the takeda awhile ago and said I should inquire about the lengths for future reference. Then got into my email and bought it. I guess he'd been saving his lunch money. <3

He's got a track record for giving bad gifts so it was a surprise ;)

Back