The work rotation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what type of tools do you use to make your handles? belt sander? disk sander?

I use a Ryobi band saw, Ryobi drill press (both under $130), and a Harbor Freight 1x30 belt sander ($40), currently. I plan on upgrading to a Kalamazoo or a Jet belt/ disc combo soon...

Also, tons of sandpaper, clamps, a few files and a shop vac come in handy.

Thanks everyone for the support! I was influenced by the angular handles of Don Nguyen; just wanted to see what I could accomplish.

You're good, you! Looking awesome!

Kalamazoo 1x42" belt sander...

kal.jpg

:knife:

nice Marko hope to get one of those strops from him hear they are quite the strop

Thanks guys! The strop is actually a very hard felt; not leather. It's very stable, and built like a tank...

Beautiful Marko -- is that the one that drew blood?

wow that forge is crazy, I love the funky look, obviously not a style you would do to everything, but would be a fun knife to have in your kit.

wow that forge is crazy, I love the funky look, obviously not a style you would do to everything, but would be a fun knife to have in your kit.
Yah, this is definitely just a "fun" knife. It was actually for a friendly competition, and I decided to take it over the top.

Thanks!

What did you do for the vertical pattern on the blade? Have a few forgies that are going to be some winter projects

I started with a smooth 600 grit cork belt finish. I used straight mustard and the back of a bamboo skewer. I just swiped the mustard on going up and down, redipping with each pass. I let it sit for a good hour. I finished with 0000 steel wool.

Never liked look of stock MACs and this one looks awesome. Super nice job. Please engrave your name in Kanji instead of that creepy mac logo :)

Back