They are here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone planning on passing one of these around? I have a mighty urge to hold one, and just spent my spring knife budget.

Mine's in the mail, and it might take a while to pry it out of my hands once it gets here. :D

I'm hoping mine is too. Big week for me, this awesome Pierre midtech, a HHH parer, and an Artifex that I got re-handleed should be comig in any time. ;)

DARN! How did I miss this until now: TO MANY PLACES TO CHECK FOR COOL KNIVES!!

If #2 becomes available again, I want it!

And SOLD to the gentleman in row three with the big smile!

Thank you for the interest in these guys. I will have the next batch up as soon as time permits.

Man dam my internet for being out !!! I soo want one!! I cant wait till you can get some more out!! Hopefully it will be around april 29 th ... cause that will be a great birthday present to myself hahaha!!! They Look amazing!! Thanx for showing them off!!! Cant wait to see more!!!

Pierre was certainly right. These things are thiiiiiinnnnnn easily the thinnest knife I own. Unpacked it tonight and put my edge on it. There is a very slight overgrind about 1/2 way down the blade but nothing serious. I've done more damage while learning to sharpen. Took a nice edge pretty easily though burr removal was a little more labor intensive than say dt's aebl or most of the other harder carbon knives I've used but not nearly as difficult as my glestain. This is my first experience with cpm154 and if the edge retention is up to it I think I'll like it quite a bit.
aDUuW02.jpg

Defineately will be a nice gyuto for detail work. Can't comment on cutting ability as of yet. More on that later.

I'm jealous! Mine is still in mail limbo somewhere between Calgary - Chicago - whoknowswhere. ;)

Yeah. Same here......... Ahem.......

Can't wait until you post a few more of these for sale, especially looking forward to a few westerns. Get well and back to the grindstone! Ha ha.

Finish is drying on the next 6 handles. Still waiting on bolsters for the westerns.

Why is it that I can receive a knife from the US in 3-5 days max, and going south, it can take so much longer?

Sorry for what its worth guys :(

I'm in for a Wa handled 240 when one becomes available! :)

Finish is drying on the next 6 handles. Still waiting on bolsters for the westerns.

Why is it that I can receive a knife from the US in 3-5 days max, and going south, it can take so much longer?

Sorry for what its worth guys :(

Pierre:

It is because Canada Post sucks even worse than USPS. Plus the customs handling on our side is painfully slow.

It should be there soon. Mine finally made it on Wed. It's worth the wait. ;)

I'm absolutely sure that it's worth the wait, and I'm stoked that you got yours. This is actually great news! There's still hope yet!

Pierre,
No Harm on your behalf, we're dealing with the US postal service here. There is absolutely zero sense of urgency or pride in this organization. I've suffered a few hiccups before...

Just got it! Loving it so far! Immediately went to onions, sautéed chicken thighs, and a quick clean.
01RCnW6l.jpg

4OkzWnBl.jpg

Blazen is thin too ...
vhwYJivl.jpg

just got mine yesterday. One thin puppy!! took it to onions, then minced shallots, then sliced & diced potatoes. It didn't like the potatoes, a good bit of sticking. Stropped then back to potatoes, still sticking. Tackled a huge stripped bass pretty easily, liking the profile and flex (Lots of flex!). What surprised me was the patina that was left by all these exercises! Wiped dry after each task and during (I'm a serious clean Freak)...
pics to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back