Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cricket and Aussie Rules Football are great sports watching substitutes for NFL, MLB, NBA, EPL whilst traveling abroad.
IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0438.jpeg

sometimes things are worth doing it outside of standard measurements, like for appreciating tradition and art.
Word. But to discard certain iron and not learn its qualities, seems to narrow in the hobby.
My guess it’s the current looks and the added hight in heels that puts some people off.

I’m no fan of all that etching and black core steel, but welcome it as part of the knife evolution

Word. But to discard certain iron and not learn its qualities, seems to narrow in the hobby.
My guess it’s the current looks and the added hight in heels that puts some people off.

I’m no fan of all that etching and black core steel, but welcome it as part of the knife evolution
where did this current obsession with really tall heels even come from? anything above 52 is approaching uncomfortable to me.

where did this current obsession with really tall heels even come from? anything above 52 is approaching uncomfortable to me.
I like my 240-250s to be, at minimum, 52 and ideally closer to 55. Got my first 250 that's 60 mm at the heel and I freaking love it. Can scoop off the board with the tall heel like a rectangle.

I do like them to get shorter as they go to tip though, I found the Masashi gyuto profile that keeps most of its height all the way to the tip to be cumbersome in use.

I like my 240-250s to be, at minimum, 52 and ideally closer to 55. Got my first 250 that's 60 mm at the heel and I freaking love it. Can scoop off the board with the tall heel like a rectangle.

I do like them to get shorter as they go to tip though, I found the Masashi gyuto profile that keeps most of its height all the way to the tip to be cumbersome in use.
I had a Masashi it was cleaver with a weird tip lol

I had a Masashi it was cleaver with a weird tip lol
Yeah like it was literally less useful than a cleaver. I hated how tall the tip was. Coupled with my tall cutting board I was bringing my elbow waay too high to do draw cuts or a tip dice. I liked it otherwise but that was enough to send it to BST

Back