Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traditionally mozzarella and ricotta are made and consumed on the same day.
Both loose most of their character when prepared for distribution.

It reminds me of soy milk and tofu, which taste fabulous fresh but are meh from the grocery store…
I suspect most people hating on mozzarella have never tried the properly fresh, never-refrigerated DOP stuff in Campana. It’s a revelation, but the half-life for deliciousness is on par with that of a fresh oyster. (Probably shouldn’t mention that topic again…)

I suspect most people hating on mozzarella have never tried the properly fresh, never-refrigerated DOP stuff in Campana. It’s a revelation, but the half-life for deliciousness is on par with that of a fresh oyster. (Probably shouldn’t mention that topic again…)
Frick! My Mozz wasn't ripe enough!

Exactly. It’s hard not to hide behind high Vol. or all that bitter crazy IPA stuff.
One of my very good friends owes a brewing company who produces 0,5% alc. IPA The struggle was real to make those brews taste good. But he succeeded and I actually enjoy drinking those, but there’s just something about a thick creamy stout that can’t be beaten. That hint of burnt caramel, cream and rich darkness. Oh boy!

IMG_0441.jpeg

These are excellent. Zero alcohol and they extract the floral note of hops and avoid the bitter notes.

Yikes! bold, italics, colored, FULL CAPS, extra large text

How hard is it for some people to understand, no one wants to buy your ****? Maybe bumping them a few dozen more times will help.

edit: almost forgot, its the "BNIB" guy. "I only cut an onion."

Yikes! bold, italics, colored, FULL CAPS, extra large text

How hard is it for some people to understand, no one wants to buy your ****? Maybe bumping them a few dozen more times will help.

edit: almost forgot, its the "BNIB" guy. "I only cut an onion."
BumPP 🫶

I don’t get canoes. Feels like evolution left them behind…
You aren't in skinny enough water then. Jon boats can get skinny but they SUCK to paddle, and the wind can really ruin your day. Canoes can carry more cargo and tend to before stable than kayaks so I really enjoy them for river camping trips. A canoe can navigate rapids that'd make my starfish pucker trying to take a jon boat through. Navigating intercoastal tidal creeks is nice in them as well, though there plenty of skiff options for stuff like that that are basically upgunned canoes.

I've got a 1970 Grumman 17' canoe that is a beast, it's surprisingly fast even loaded down with 2 people and a bunch of camping stuff+beer. I strapped a 2.5 hp outboard on it with a side mount to make it more fun for exploring big distances. Many of our springfed rivers are only accessible by canoe/kayak as well.

DSC_0801.JPG

20210423_143141.jpg

20240224_121043.jpg

20190811_164416.jpg

Screenshot_20190806-183623_Gallery.jpg

For my "real" boat I got a Gheenoe knock off (Riverhawk B-52) that's basically an upsized fiberglass canoe with a flat back. Strapped a 20 hp on there and she'll 30 mph in 6" of water. But it still isn't very fun to paddle, so a push pole or trolling motor are necessary. Still good for duck hunting or sneaking through shallow intercoastal areas but is much more stable.

20230330_115729.jpg

20230330_115715.jpg

You aren't in skinny enough water then. Jon boats can get skinny but they SUCK to paddle, and the wind can really ruin your day. Canoes can carry more cargo and tend to before stable than kayaks so I really enjoy them for river camping trips. A canoe can navigate rapids that'd make my starfish pucker trying to take a jon boat through. Navigating intercoastal tidal creeks is nice in them as well, though there plenty of skiff options for stuff like that that are basically upgunned canoes.

I've got a 1970 Grumman 17' canoe that is a beast, it's surprisingly fast even loaded down with 2 people and a bunch of camping stuff+beer. I strapped a 2.5 hp outboard on it with a side mount to make it more fun for exploring big distances. Many of our springfed rivers are only accessible by canoe/kayak as well.

View attachment 308823
View attachment 308824
View attachment 308822
View attachment 308818

View attachment 308815

For my "real" boat I got a Gheenoe knock off (Riverhawk B-52) that's basically an upsized fiberglass canoe with a flat back. Strapped a 20 hp on there and she'll 30 mph in 6" of water. But it still isn't very fun to paddle, so a push pole or trolling motor are necessary. Still good for duck hunting or sneaking through shallow intercoastal areas but is much more stable.

View attachment 308819
View attachment 308820
so beautiful. this is in Florida?

so beautiful. this is in Florida?
Yep! These rivers are all within an hour of Tallahassee in any direction. One of these, the Wakulla, comes from the largest spring in the world. It's where the OG Tarzan and Creature of the Black Lagoon were filmed. Tons of natural beauty in North FL, and fewer people.

Yep! These rivers are all within an hour of Tallahassee in any direction. One of these, the Wakulla, comes from the largest spring in the world. It's where the OG Tarzan and Creature of the Black Lagoon were filmed. Tons of natural beauty in North FL, and fewer people.
I went to Rosemary beach last year. The pool guy at the Airbnb I stayed at highly recommended me to go check out some lagoons in the area. Now I regret not going...

Back