WCG - July 2012

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAG0074.jpgIMAG0075.jpgHere's so random shots until Jon and Sara put up their pictures.

Thank you again to all of you who came - especially those of you that had car issues and came from rather far places! It was a pleasure to meet many of you for the first time. I had a great time as well!

Also, thank you all for your generosity! I'm looking forward to the next West Coast event! :doublethumbsup:

Thank you again to all of you who came - especially those of you that had car issues and came from rather far places! It was a pleasure to meet many of you for the first time. I had a great time as well!

Also, thank you all for your generosity! I'm looking forward to the next West Coast event! :doublethumbsup:

Thanks again for everything. Car issues aside had a fantastic time. Replaced front brakes and right tire today. It was worth it in every way.

if someone could delete the first video post and leave this new one, that would be great... technical issues with the videos

[video=youtube;bnmLeYVQ944]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bnmLeYVQ944[/video]

I felt right at home. Thank you for that, the food, and the drink, Michael. It was nice to see everyone in the same place and meet Deckhand and TamanegiKin et al. The highlights for me were using Jon's rocks (esp. that expt'l 1k) and mhlee's 30k Shapton (Cancel that passaround. It would be a waste to put knives to that thing. It's WAY too fine. As far as I'm concerned that is a razor only stone.). I kinda felt bad hanging out with the stones most of the time but I can't help it. It's my disease. Oh, I thought Deckhand's deba was pretty cool.

if someone could delete the first video post and leave this new one, that would be great... technical issues with the videos

[video=youtube;bnmLeYVQ944]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bnmLeYVQ944[/video]

So Jon likes tomatoes, foie gras, sparks and knives. Right?

sara is responsible for much of that... i was busy being dorky about knives and stones ;)

That being said, i do like all of those things a lot.

Looks like a grand time, I'll be itching for next year thats for sure :)

Sara got some great shots of the party :)

I'm still trying to figure out who-all I met (by screennames, now...) but agree with tk59 -- felt right at home, and it was cool to hear lots of folks' perspectives on knives and sharpening. And food. And other secret stuff. Some real laughs, too. And mhlee as a host is all kinds of crazy role-model material. Serious.

! Hey Tad! (I don't think I even got that at all yesterday!)

Love Rogue's VooDoo, tastes just like a bacon maple dougnut :) I'll have to bring a couple of beers from my stash next year :)

Looks like it was a great time.
Mike, did you use your secret ingredient rub on the roast? I love that stuff. Only have a little left and am saving it for a pork roast.
Not too sure about the sun dried tomatoes. Or did you just forget to water for a few days.
That duck butter looks a bit scary as well. Just teasing. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Hey now! (About the sun dried tomatoes.) I water them almost every day!! :razz:

Actually, those two tomato plants seem to be weak. Those plants were grown from seeds from last year's plants that also had the same problem - as soon as they started bearing fruit, the plants died. Oh well.

Yes, I used my rub on the pork. I'll send you some more of it this weekend. :)

Yes, I used my rub on the pork. I'll send you some more of it this weekend. :)

I love the rub. I find myself cooking lots of broiled chicken just so I can use the rub on it. For my taste it is the perfect mix of spices.

I am sorry I missed it, so I cannot provide any details. Last minute car trouble (puntured tire actually, and not me that did it) prevented me from attending.

Looking forward to pictures as well. I hope everyone involved had a great time.

Total bummer. I'm sorry you couldn't make it.

We'll hopefully have another gathering soon - you'll have to make the next one!

Back